Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    horario y dónde ver el partido entre Barcelona y OL Lyonnes por TV

    May 21, 2026

    Foqum desarrolla un gemelo digital para que Aquanaria optimice la toma de decisiones

    May 21, 2026

    UCP plan to railroad a separation referendum onto this fall’s ballot goes off the rails

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»CA Entertainment»Joey Chestnut’s July 4th Takes Unexpected Turn After Guilty Plea
    CA Entertainment

    Joey Chestnut’s July 4th Takes Unexpected Turn After Guilty Plea

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 20, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Joey Chestnut’s July 4th Takes Unexpected Turn After Guilty Plea
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Competitive eating legend Joey Chestnut is still headed to Coney Island this Fourth of July, even while serving probation. The 17-time Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest champion recently pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor battery charge following a bar altercation in Indiana, but that won’t stop him from defending his title at the iconic annual event.

    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    According to reports, Chestnut pleaded guilty last month to misdemeanor battery stemming from an incident that took place on March 21 in Hamilton County, Indiana. The competitive eater was sentenced to 180 days of probation following the altercation, which reportedly unfolded after an interaction with another bar patron.

    Court records obtained by multiple outlets state Chestnut allegedly exchanged a handshake with someone who recognized him before striking the man on the side of the face “with an open hand.”

    When questioned by police, Chestnut reportedly admitted he had been drinking heavily and had little recollection of what happened. He later reviewed surveillance footage and allegedly said the slap “looked like a joke” and that he didn’t realize the incident would escalate into a police matter.

    Chestnut Says He Has ‘No Restrictions’

    Joey Chestnut at Nathan's Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest 2020
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Despite being on probation, Chestnut confirmed he has no travel limitations and is still free to return to New York City for Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest. “I have no restrictions,” Chestnut told USA Today.

    The eating champion successfully petitioned to travel outside Indiana, where both he and the incident are based, clearing the way for his return to the famous Coney Island competition.

    Joey Chestnut’s Legal Team Speaks Out

    Joey Chestnut at Raising Cane's
    Raising Cane’s/MEGA

    Following the guilty plea, Chestnut’s attorney addressed the situation, saying the matter had been resolved after the athlete accepted responsibility. “My client took full responsibility for this misunderstanding and resolved the matter by pleading guilty to a lesser-included offense of Class B misdemeanor battery, one of the lowest-level misdemeanor offenses under Indiana law,” Massillamany told Us Weekly in a statement.

    Chestnut’s legal team also insisted the situation was misread and emphasized his connection with fans. The 17-time hot dog-eating champion “regrets engaging and the interaction being misinterpreted.” “He strives to always connect in a fun manner with fans. In this case, some inappropriate things were said that Joey reacted to,” his legal team continued. “He’s committed to avoiding being in those situations going forward.”

    Chestnut Dominated Nathan’s Return In 2025

    Joey Chestnut at Nathan's hot dog contest
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    The legal drama comes just one year after Chestnut made a major comeback at Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest. After missing the previous year due to a contract dispute tied to an endorsement deal with Impossible Foods, Chestnut returned in 2025 and reclaimed his throne in dominant fashion. The competitive eating star consumed 70.5 hot dogs and buns in just 10 minutes, securing the $10,000 grand prize and extending his record-breaking number of wins to 17.

    Why Was Joey Chestnut Banned in 2024?

    Joey Chestnut at Nathan's hot dog contest
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    As The Blast previously reported, Chestnut’s relationship with Nathan’s Famous hit a major snag in 2024 after he signed an endorsement deal with Impossible Foods, a company known for developing plant-based food products. The partnership quickly sparked controversy after Impossible Foods launched a marketing campaign aimed at meat-eaters, prompting Major League Eating (MLE) to take action.

    At the time, MLE announced that Chestnut would not be allowed to compete in Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest, claiming the competitive eating champion had “chosen to represent a rival brand” instead of Nathan’s. “For nearly two decades, we have worked under the same basic hot dog exclusivity provisions,” the statement said. “However, it seems that Joey and his managers have prioritized a new partnership with a different hot dog brand over our long-time relationship.”

    Joey Chestnut Addresses The Ban

    Joey Chestnut at Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 2025
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Chestnut later addressed the ban publicly, expressing disappointment over missing the iconic event while accusing MLE of suddenly shifting expectations. “I love celebrating America with my fans all over this great country on the 4th, and I have been training to defend my title,” Chestnut said. “[The decision by MLE and Nathan’s] will deprive the great fans of the holiday’s usual joy and entertainment.”

    Chestnut also claimed MLE was “looking to change the rules from past years as it relates to other partners I can work with.”

    But now, with his legal troubles seemingly behind him and no travel restrictions in place, all eyes will be on whether Chestnut can once again dominate the competition and add another Nathan’s title to his already record-breaking legacy.

    Joey Chestnut
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Entertainment

    Tupac Shakur Read Malcolm X by Streetlight with No Power at Home

    May 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Charli XCX Announces ‘SS26’ One Day Before the Project Drops

    May 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    The Chestnut Man: Hide and Seek Review — A Haunting Story About Trauma, Parenthood, and Childhood Pain

    May 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    David Beckham Receives a Named Rose Variety and Credits Daughter Harper Seven

    May 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    It’s Bella Hadid’s World and Rani Fawaz Has the Photos to Prove It

    May 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    The Heartbreaking Reason Adam Driver Actually Sat Through A Cannes Premiere

    May 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    horario y dónde ver el partido entre Barcelona y OL Lyonnes por TV

    News DeskMay 21, 20260

    El Barcelona busca este sábado (18:00 horas) su cuarta Women’s Champions League y el póquer…

    Foqum desarrolla un gemelo digital para que Aquanaria optimice la toma de decisiones

    May 21, 2026

    UCP plan to railroad a separation referendum onto this fall’s ballot goes off the rails

    May 21, 2026

    Here’s how KKR can qualify for IPL 2026 playoffs after beating MI at Eden Gardens

    May 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    IPL 2026 [WATCH]: Hardik Pandya playfully teases Shubman Gill over his fresh beard look at the toss in GT vs MI game

    April 21, 2026

    As feds look to criminalize deepfakes, advocates want a way to erase them from the internet

    April 21, 2026

    Dylan Sprouse Reacts To Home Invasion With Humor

    April 21, 2026

    Marineland requesting $10M-$20M federal loan to export belugas to U.S.

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    horario y dónde ver el partido entre Barcelona y OL Lyonnes por TV

    May 21, 2026

    Foqum desarrolla un gemelo digital para que Aquanaria optimice la toma de decisiones

    May 21, 2026

    UCP plan to railroad a separation referendum onto this fall’s ballot goes off the rails

    May 21, 2026

    Here’s how KKR can qualify for IPL 2026 playoffs after beating MI at Eden Gardens

    May 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    horario y dónde ver el partido entre Barcelona y OL Lyonnes por TV

    May 21, 2026

    Foqum desarrolla un gemelo digital para que Aquanaria optimice la toma de decisiones

    May 21, 2026

    UCP plan to railroad a separation referendum onto this fall’s ballot goes off the rails

    May 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.