Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Marlins Acquire Rece Hinds – MLB Trade Rumors

    May 21, 2026

    Spotify Is Adding More AI Gunk For Podcasts And Audiobooks

    May 21, 2026

    Aaron Rodgers Is Retiring, But Will He Actually Walk Away?

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Politics & Opinion»CA Politics»The Latest: US indictment of former President Raúl Castro raises pressure on Cuba
    CA Politics

    The Latest: US indictment of former President Raúl Castro raises pressure on Cuba

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 21, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    The Latest: US indictment of former President Raúl Castro raises pressure on Cuba
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Trump administration’s indictment of former Cuban President Raúl Castro in the 1996 downing of civilian planes flown by Miami-based exiles is escalating pressure on the island’s socialist government.

    Meanwhile, Senate Republicans are expected to abandon a proposal for $1 billion in security money for the White House complex and Trump’s ballroom on Thursday. And Trump’s plan to build a triumphal arch in Washington is getting a second look from the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, a federal agency that suggested changes before it approved the concept last month.

    The Latest:

    Trump’s proposed Washington arch gets another review

    Trump’s plan to build a triumphal arch in Washington is getting a second look from a federal agency that suggested changes before it approved the concept last month.

    The proposed 250-foot (76 meter) arch is one of several projects the Republican president is pursuing alongside a White House ballroom to leave his imprint on Washington. Critics of the project, including an overwhelming number of people who submitted public comment in April, said the arch would be taller than any other monument in the capital city and dominate the skyline.

    He has said some of his other projects, such as adding a blue coating to the interior of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, will beautify the city in time for July 4 celebrations of America’s 250th birthday.

    The U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, whose members were appointed by Trump, approved the concept for the arch at its monthly meeting in April. Commissioners are set to consider and possibly vote on updated plans when they meet again on Thursday.

    ▶ Read more

    Young Republicans wrestle with their disappointment in Trump and their party

    The more than a dozen young Republicans who gathered with beers and brightly colored cocktails at a bar called dEcORa in Kentucky this week were picking apart the presidential administration they welcomed with high hopes last year.

    By now, their enthusiasm for Trump had curdled into frustration. What poured out at the bar was a sense that the Republican establishment — which they initially applauded Trump for disrupting, but which some now see him sustaining — had forsaken them.

    That festering feeling has widened a generational gap between younger and older conservatives as the party slowly begins to consider a future without Trump in charge.

    The Republican primary defeat of Rep. Thomas Massie — who had earned a younger and anti-establishment following while feuding with Trump — cost them one of their strongest allies in Congress.

    ▶ Read more

    Republicans expected to abandon $1B security proposal for White House and Trump’s ballroom

    Senate Republican leaders are expected to abandon a proposal for $1 billion in security money for the White House complex and Trump’s ballroom on Thursday after members of their own party questioned the timing and the lack of detail in the Secret Service request.

    Pressured by the White House, Republicans have tried to add the money to a roughly $70 billion bill to restore funding to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Border Patrol. But the security proposal met with backlash from some GOP lawmakers who are questioning the cost and how the taxpayer dollars would be used.

    The bill’s text has not yet been released, but the Senate hopes to pass it this week and send it to the House before leaving for a weeklong Memorial Day recess.

    Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., said the effort to add the security package to the bill was a “bad idea” and he does not think there is enough backing to pass it, even if the cost were reduced.

    ▶ Read more

    US indictment raises pressure as Cuba’s president condemns charges

    Federal prosecutors on Wednesday announced criminal charges against former Cuban President Raúl Castro in the 1996 downing of civilian planes flown by Miami-based exiles as the Trump administration escalated pressure on the island’s socialist government.

    The indictment accuses Castro of ordering the shootdown of two small planes operated by the exile group Brothers to the Rescue. Castro, who turns 95 next month, was Cuba’s defense minister at the time. The charges, which were secretly filed by a grand jury in April, included murder and destruction of an airplane. Five Cuban military pilots were also charged.

    Asked to what lengths American authorities would go to bring Castro to face charges in the U.S., acting Attorney General Todd Blanche said: “There was a warrant issued for his arrest. So we expect that he will show up here, by his own will or by another way.”

    The charges pose a real threat, observers said, following the capture by U.S. forces in January of former Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro to face drug charges in New York.

    ▶ Read more

    The Associated Press

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Politics

    New York City residents will get a chance to purchase $50 World Cup tickets

    May 21, 2026
    CA Politics

    Search for missing 14-year-old Jewish girl elevated to Priority 1, Toronto police say

    May 21, 2026
    CA Politics

    As America hits 250, many Brits say one man defines it: Trump

    May 21, 2026
    CA Politics

    Toronto driver wins red light ticket appeal nearly two decades later

    May 21, 2026
    CA Politics

    Canadian citizen charged with illegally voting in multiple U.S. elections

    May 21, 2026
    CA Politics

    New fuel surcharges on groceries and more making 'almost everything in the economy' more expensive

    May 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Marlins Acquire Rece Hinds – MLB Trade Rumors

    News DeskMay 21, 20260

    The Marlins and Reds announced that they have made a trade sending outfielder Rece Hinds…

    Spotify Is Adding More AI Gunk For Podcasts And Audiobooks

    May 21, 2026

    Aaron Rodgers Is Retiring, But Will He Actually Walk Away?

    May 21, 2026

    SOUND FIST: LISA, ANITTA & REMA

    May 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Travis Barker Induces Vomiting, Kourtney Kardashian Bday Post

    April 21, 2026

    Mariah Carey ‘My All’ Celebrates 28 Years Of Pop Ballad Excellence

    April 21, 2026

    Kimora Lee Simmons’ Husband Demands Spousal Support

    April 21, 2026

    ‘Incredible guy!’ Trump says Apple has done better under Tim Cook than it would have had Steve Jobs lived

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Marlins Acquire Rece Hinds – MLB Trade Rumors

    May 21, 2026

    Spotify Is Adding More AI Gunk For Podcasts And Audiobooks

    May 21, 2026

    Aaron Rodgers Is Retiring, But Will He Actually Walk Away?

    May 21, 2026

    SOUND FIST: LISA, ANITTA & REMA

    May 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Marlins Acquire Rece Hinds – MLB Trade Rumors

    May 21, 2026

    Spotify Is Adding More AI Gunk For Podcasts And Audiobooks

    May 21, 2026

    Aaron Rodgers Is Retiring, But Will He Actually Walk Away?

    May 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.