Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Barcelona on alert as Alvarez knocks back Atletico Madrid offer

    May 24, 2026

    Who Is Caleb Shomo? 5 Things to Know About the Beartooth Rockstar – Hollywood Life

    May 24, 2026

    Es ‘Going Down Baby’ mientras Nelly viaja con Hard Rock el 18 de septiembre

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Top Countries»Canada»N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers – Halifax
    Canada

    N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers – Halifax

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 24, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    N.S. releases offer details for striking long-term care workers - Halifax
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Nova Scotia government says the union representing long-term care  workers rejected a return to the bargaining table this weekend, as a strike by employees continues into its second month.

    A letter issued late Saturday says representatives asked leadership of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) to return to the table this weekend.

    “We were disappointed that despite offering CUPE leadership to meet Friday, Saturday and Sunday, they would not find the time to come back to the table until next week,” said Seniors and Long-Term Care Minister Barbara Adams.

    Adams also outlined in the letter the proposal made to CUPE earlier this month when they met to resume negotiations on May 7, saying the government was “uncertain” if CUPE shared amendments made to its previous offer.

    Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

    Get daily National news

    Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you’ll never miss the day’s top stories.

    Under the offer, long-term care workers would see wage increases of 12 to 24 per cent over the first four years of the agreement with retroactive pay to 2023. The proposal also includes increased evening and weekend premiums and access to a defined benefit pension plan.

    Story continues below advertisement

    What is new in the proposal, according to Adams, is an additional $2 per hour beginning in 2027 for employees who earn less than $23 per hour, and an added 1.5 per cent increase for all workers in 2027.

    The province’s letter comes 10 days after thousands of workers marked one month of strike action.

    Kim Cail, CUPE’s long-term care co-ordinator, told Global News at the time they had walked away from the table following the meeting on May 7 as the province had offered nothing new.


    “Unfortunately they came to the table Thursday night (May 7) with the same old offer that they had been providing us since last August,” Cail said.

    Global News has reached out to CUPE for comment on the province’s letter.

    Both sides have said services at long-term care homes are continuing but at a reduced level, meaning the range of support residents receive is limited.

    Criticism was also levied by Adams’ letter, saying CUPE has not put the current offer to a vote and that decision is a “major obstacle.”

    “CUPE leadership’s decision not to put the current offer to a membership vote has become a major obstacle to resolution,” Adams wrote.

    She went on to urge CUPE to put the current offer to a vote by members.

    &copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

    canada long-term care long-term care worker strike
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    Canada

    ‘We got to the finish line’: 9-year-old P.E.I. boy enjoys homecoming after heart transplant

    May 24, 2026
    Canada

    ‘We’re going to lose customers’: Bridgetown Legion stung by internet outage

    May 24, 2026
    Canada

    Western premiers set to meet in Alberta as province deals with separatism question

    May 24, 2026
    Canada

    Russia hits Kyiv with ballistic missile, damages buildings and schools – National

    May 24, 2026
    Canada

    Volunteer firefighter dies while fighting Annapolis County wildfire

    May 24, 2026
    CA Sports

    Weather puts damper on offence as Tiger-Cats lose home preseason game to Argos and six other thoughts

    May 24, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Barcelona on alert as Alvarez knocks back Atletico Madrid offer

    News DeskMay 24, 20260

    For weeks, it has been seen as almost impossible for Barcelona to sign Julian Alvarez,…

    Who Is Caleb Shomo? 5 Things to Know About the Beartooth Rockstar – Hollywood Life

    May 24, 2026

    Es ‘Going Down Baby’ mientras Nelly viaja con Hard Rock el 18 de septiembre

    May 24, 2026

    ‘Thank God we’ve done it’

    May 24, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Can Any Expected Contenders Escape The Early Holes They’ve Dug?

    April 24, 2026

    Brunello Cucinelli Tightens Controls on Sanctions Compliance After Allegations

    April 24, 2026

    AI is generating most of Google’s code

    April 24, 2026

    Community voices frustration as Burnaby hospital expansion project is put on hold

    May 24, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Barcelona on alert as Alvarez knocks back Atletico Madrid offer

    May 24, 2026

    Who Is Caleb Shomo? 5 Things to Know About the Beartooth Rockstar – Hollywood Life

    May 24, 2026

    Es ‘Going Down Baby’ mientras Nelly viaja con Hard Rock el 18 de septiembre

    May 24, 2026

    ‘Thank God we’ve done it’

    May 24, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Barcelona on alert as Alvarez knocks back Atletico Madrid offer

    May 24, 2026

    Who Is Caleb Shomo? 5 Things to Know About the Beartooth Rockstar – Hollywood Life

    May 24, 2026

    Es ‘Going Down Baby’ mientras Nelly viaja con Hard Rock el 18 de septiembre

    May 24, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.