Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Halifax police say missing newborn found dead, 2 people charged – Halifax

    May 24, 2026

    Antonio Conte confirms he is leaving Napoli after ‘mediocre’ season

    May 24, 2026

    Eddie Griffin Slams ‘Sensitive’ Drake Over New Album

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Sunday, May 24
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Sports»US Sports»‘Double’ trouble: Katherine Legge crashes, exits Indy 500: ‘I’m gutted’
    US Sports

    ‘Double’ trouble: Katherine Legge crashes, exits Indy 500: ‘I’m gutted’

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 24, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    'Double' trouble: Katherine Legge crashes, exits Indy 500: 'I'm gutted'
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    HMD Motorsports driver Katherine Legge (11) during the 110th Running of the Indianapolis 500 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Mandatory Credit: Marc Lebryk-Imagn Images

    Katherine Legge swerved from her high-side position to avoid a collision with Ryan Hunter-Reay but her Indianapolis 500 and attempt for the “double” with a Sunday night entry in the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 ended in a spinout.

    Legge was uninjured in the incident and will travel to Charlotte to run in the NASCAR race. The British driver was making the sixth bid to complete both races on Memorial Day weekend before the 45-year-old ran into trouble in the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday afternoon.

    Her Indy 500 experience lasted just 18 laps.

    Coming out of Turn 2, Ryan Hunter-Reay lost control of his Chevrolet and bounced off the wall at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. As he tried to right himself, Legge said she couldn’t see much ahead of her because of smoke from Hunter-Reay’s car. When she finally saw the car, Legge had to take quick action to avoid him. After a sharp left turn, she wound up crashing into the infield fence, with her car sustaining significant damage.

    Both drivers were out of the race and checked in the medical tent. No apparent injuries were sustained.

    “He came back up the track, so last minute I had to go left. It just wasn’t enough time to avoid,” Legge said Sunday.

    Legge was able to exit her No. 11 Chevrolet for HMD Motorsports with A.J. Foyt Racing without assistance. Hunter-Reay was also uninjured.

    “Desperately frustrating,” Legge said of her mindset Sunday afternoon. “To be taken out by something not in your control, it would be slightly better to be taken out by something in your control … we were looking forward to a long day, 1,100 miles.”

    Legge had only a few hours to switch her gear, her car and her mindset entering the Coca-Cola 600.

    “I need to have an attitude adjustment, because right now I’m pissed,” Legge said. “And disappointed. I need to get on that plane and try and get into the right mindset.”

    The “double” calls for a driver to compete in two premiere races, covering 1,100 miles with barely a moment to spare between the Indy and NASCAR Cup Series races. Five drivers previously have attempted the double since John Andretti hatched the idea in 1994 for AJ Foyt Racing. Andretti finished 10th at Indy but was knocked out after 220 laps at Charlotte due to engine trouble.

    “Very few drivers ever get the opportunity to attempt the ‘double,’ and I do not take that opportunity lightly,” Legge said last week. “This challenge is about pushing through perceived limits … and trying to do something unique.”

    Tony Stewart in 2001 is the lone driver to finish on the lead lap of both races on the same day.

    –Field Level Media

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    Antonio Conte confirms he is leaving Napoli after ‘mediocre’ season

    May 24, 2026
    US Sports

    ‘Thank God we’ve done it’

    May 24, 2026
    US Sports

    Dirty Finishes at WWE Saturday Night Dominate Ahead of Clash in Italy

    May 24, 2026
    US Sports

    Blue Jays’ Vladimir Guerrero Jr., Dylan Cease Leave With Injuries

    May 24, 2026
    US Sports

    Van de Ven slams ‘unacceptable’ season after Tottenham escape relegation

    May 24, 2026
    US Sports

    IPL 2026: Fans erupt as KL Rahul and Kuldeep Yadav shine bright in DC’s emphatic triumph against KKR

    May 24, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Halifax police say missing newborn found dead, 2 people charged – Halifax

    News DeskMay 24, 20260

    Descrease article font size Increase article font size Halifax police say the search for a…

    Antonio Conte confirms he is leaving Napoli after ‘mediocre’ season

    May 24, 2026

    Eddie Griffin Slams ‘Sensitive’ Drake Over New Album

    May 24, 2026

    Barcelona on alert as Alvarez knocks back Atletico Madrid offer

    May 24, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    AI is generating most of Google’s code

    April 24, 2026

    Top of the Depth Chart 2026: Ottawa REDBLACKS

    April 24, 2026

    Fugitive Mexican Navy officer wanted for fuel smuggling arrested

    April 24, 2026

    Bellerin spoils Real Madrid trip to the Feria with late Betis equaliser

    April 24, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Halifax police say missing newborn found dead, 2 people charged – Halifax

    May 24, 2026

    Antonio Conte confirms he is leaving Napoli after ‘mediocre’ season

    May 24, 2026

    Eddie Griffin Slams ‘Sensitive’ Drake Over New Album

    May 24, 2026

    Barcelona on alert as Alvarez knocks back Atletico Madrid offer

    May 24, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Halifax police say missing newborn found dead, 2 people charged – Halifax

    May 24, 2026

    Antonio Conte confirms he is leaving Napoli after ‘mediocre’ season

    May 24, 2026

    Eddie Griffin Slams ‘Sensitive’ Drake Over New Album

    May 24, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.