Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Hansi Flick expecting Barcelona response against Levante

    February 21, 2026

    Tizza Covi and Rainer Frimmel • Directors of The Loneliest Man In Town – “It’s a movie about the blues, and the blues is always about losing”

    February 21, 2026

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»CA Entertainment»Adam Driver’s ‘Star Wars’ Film Gets New Update From ‘Disappointed’ Director
    CA Entertainment

    Adam Driver’s ‘Star Wars’ Film Gets New Update From ‘Disappointed’ Director

    News DeskBy News DeskFebruary 21, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Adam Driver's 'Star Wars' Film Gets New Update From 'Disappointed' Director
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Director Steven Soderbergh is finally breaking his silence on “The Hunt for Ben Solo.” The project was officially announced by Adam Driver last year. The “Star Wars” actor revealed that he and Soderbergh had worked on the project for about two years before it was scrapped by top Disney execs, who didn’t understand how his character, Ben Solo, could still be alive after the events of 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    Steven Soderbergh Breaks Silence On Scrapped Ben Solo ‘Star Wars’ Movie

    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    The sequel trilogy kicked off with 2015’s “The Force Awakens,” in which Adam Driver played the villainous Kylo Ren. He continued the role in 2017’s “The Last Jedi,” but was eventually redeemed in 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.” Unfortunately, he gave his life force to Rey (Daisy Ridley) after defeating Emperor Palpatine in order to bring her back to life, and seemingly faded into the Force himself.

    Although Lucasfilm approved the idea, Disney executives later pulled the plug, saying they didn’t understand how Ben Solo could still be alive. In a new interview with BK Mag, the Oscar-winning filmmaker said, “It was no surprise” to hear that former Lucasfilm exec Kathleen Kennedy was frustrated by the film’s cancellation during her exit interview.

    Article continues below advertisement

    Soderbergh Said He Put In Over Two Years Of ‘Free Work’

    “We were all frustrated,” Soderbergh said. “You know, that was two and a half years of free work for me and Adam and [writer] Rebecca Blunt. When Adam and I discussed him talking about it publicly, I said, ‘Look, do not editorialize or speculate about the why. Just say what happened, because all we know is what happened.’ The stated reason was, ‘We don’t think Ben Solo could be alive.’ And that was all we were told. And so there’s nothing to do about it, you know, except move on.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    “I’d kind of made the movie in my head, and just felt bad that nobody else was going to get to see it,” he continued. “I thought the conversation was strictly going to be a practical one—where they go, what is this going to cost? And I had a really good answer for that. But it never even got to that point. It’s insane. We’re all very disappointed.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    Adam Driver Revealed The Movie’s Existence In October 2025

    Adam Driver attends the red carpet for Ferrari
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    In October 2025, fans were shocked to hear Adam Driver reveal that the movie had been in the works when he was promoting his latest film, “Father Mother Sister Brother,” in an interview with the Associated Press.

    “I always was interested in doing another ‘Star Wars,’” Driver said. “I had been talking about doing another one since 2021. Kathleen (Kennedy) had reached out. I always said: With a great director and a great story, I’d be there in a second. I loved that character and loved playing him.”

    Soderbergh and Rebecca Blunt outlined a story that was pitched to Kennedy, Lucasfilm vice president Cary Beck, and Lucasfilm chief creative officer Dave Filoni. Scott Z. Burns was brought in to write the script, which Driver called “one of the coolest (expletive) scripts I had ever been a part of.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    Adam Driver Claims Lucasfilm ‘Loved The Idea’

    Adam Driver at the 79th Venice International Film Festival
    MEGA

    “We presented the script to Lucasfilm. They loved the idea. They totally understood our angle and why we were doing it,” Driver says. “We took it to Bob Iger and Alan Bergman, and they said no. They didn’t see how Ben Solo was alive. And that was that.”

    “It was called ‘The Hunt for Ben Solo,’ and it was really cool,” he added. “But it is no more, so I can finally talk about it.” Although he didn’t reveal much of the film’s plot, he did emphasize that it was going to be a character-driven film along the lines of “The Empire Strikes Back.”

    “We wanted to be judicial about how to spend money and be economical with it, and do it for less than most but in the same spirit of what those movies are, which is handmade and character-driven,” Driver says. “‘Empire Strikes Back’ being, in my opinion, the standard of what those movies were. But he is, to me, one of my favorite directors of all time. He lives his code, lives his ethics, doesn’t compromise.”

    At the time, Soderbergh released his own statement, saying, “I really enjoyed making the movie in my head. I’m just sorry the fans won’t get to see it.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    Daisy Ridley Comments On ‘The Hunt For Ben Solo’

    Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker UK premiere
    MEGA

    Following a fan campaign that involved getting a plane to fly a banner reading “Save ‘The Hunt for Ben Solo’” over Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, Daisy Ridley was asked to weigh in with her thoughts on the cancelled film.

    “I knew a piece of it. I heard rumblings,” Ridley told IGN last December. “I have lots of friends who are crew, so things always travel like that. But, whoa! When the story came out, no, I was like, ‘Oh, my God!’ And it was him that said it, right? It was funny because, like, ‘Oh, wow, Adam is saying it,’ and that’s the big surprise of the year.”

    “I do love when there is a collective of positivity,” Ridley added, “The way the internet seems to have rallied to try and get it to happen. It’s fantastic for us all. It’s good for us to all be united about something in a really positive way. Obviously, everyone knows he was a very popular character, but it was also lovely to think, ‘Wow, people really, really care and want this.’ I just… I like it.”

    Although “The Hunt for Ben Solo” may never make it to the silver screen, “The Mandalorian & Grogu” will be released in theaters on May 22, 2026, making it the first “Star Wars” movie to hit theaters since 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.”

    Adam Driver star wars Steven Soderbergh
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Entertainment

    Battle of Champions’ Coaches Talk ‘Tricky’ Season

    February 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Savannah Guthrie Gone For Good?

    February 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Elon Musk’s Georgia Voter Fraud Scandal Exposed As Official Probe Finds ‘Pre-Filled’ Ballots

    February 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    ‘Golden Bachelorette’ Joan & Chock Ready To Take Next Step?

    February 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Kate Middleton’s Role Pacifying Prince William When He Got ‘Riled Up’

    February 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Ryan Gosling`s Upcoming Film “Project Hail Mary” – Trailer Reaction & Synopsis

    February 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Hansi Flick expecting Barcelona response against Levante

    News DeskFebruary 21, 20260

    Barcelona are hoping to return to winning ways on Sunday afternoon when they host Levante…

    Tizza Covi and Rainer Frimmel • Directors of The Loneliest Man In Town – “It’s a movie about the blues, and the blues is always about losing”

    February 21, 2026

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup 2026: Harbhajan Singh predicts Team India’s playing XI for Super 8 clash against South Africa

    February 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    ‘Nothing’s changing’: Calgary man recovering in Ukraine sees no end to war

    February 21, 2026

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Hansi Flick expecting Barcelona response against Levante

    February 21, 2026

    Tizza Covi and Rainer Frimmel • Directors of The Loneliest Man In Town – “It’s a movie about the blues, and the blues is always about losing”

    February 21, 2026

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup 2026: Harbhajan Singh predicts Team India’s playing XI for Super 8 clash against South Africa

    February 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Hansi Flick expecting Barcelona response against Levante

    February 21, 2026

    Tizza Covi and Rainer Frimmel • Directors of The Loneliest Man In Town – “It’s a movie about the blues, and the blues is always about losing”

    February 21, 2026

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    February 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.