Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Free agent number nine target will prioritise move to Barcelona

    February 19, 2026

    EXPLAINED: Did Abhishek Sharma break ICC rules by wearing Mohammed Siraj’s jersey?

    February 19, 2026

    Iam McKellan On Galdalf’s Different Role

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»US Entertainment»Chicago, Illinois Sue To Block Trump’s National Guard Deployment
    US Entertainment

    Chicago, Illinois Sue To Block Trump’s National Guard Deployment

    News DeskBy News DeskOctober 6, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Chicago, Illinois Sue To Block Trump's National Guard Deployment
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Illinois leaders went to court Monday to stop President Donald Trump from sending National Guard troops to Chicago, escalating a clash between Democratic-led states and the Republican administration during an aggressive immigration enforcement operation in the nation’s third-largest city.
    The legal challenge came hours after a judge blocked the Guard’s deployment in Portland, Oregon.
    The Trump administration has portrayed the cities as war-ravaged and lawless amid the government’s crackdown on illegal immigration. Officials in Illinois and Oregon say military intervention isn’t needed and that federal involvement is inflaming the situation.
    The lawsuit alleges that “these advances in President Trump’s long-declared ‘War’ on Chicago and Illinois are unlawful and dangerous.”
    “The American people, regardless of where they reside, should not live under the threat of occupation by the United States military, particularly not simply because their city or state leadership has fallen out of a president’s favor,” the lawsuit says.
    Governor: Federal wave is an ‘invasion’
    Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker, a Democrat, said some 300 of the state’s guard troops were to be federalized and deployed to Chicago, along with 400 others from Texas.
    Pritzker said the potential deployment amounted to “Trump’s invasion,” and he called on Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to block it. Abbott pushed back and said the crackdown was needed to protect federal workers who are in the city as part of the president’s increased immigration enforcement.
    White House spokesperson Abigail Jackson confirmed in a weekend statement that Trump authorized using Illinois National Guard members, citing what she called “ongoing violent riots and lawlessness” that local leaders have not quelled.
    In Chicago, the sight of armed Border Patrol agents making arrests near famous landmarks amplified concerns from residents already uneasy after an immigration crackdown that began last month. Agents have targeted immigrant-heavy and largely Latino areas.
    Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson said Monday that he signed an executive order barring federal immigration agents and others from using city-owned property, such as parking lots, garages and vacant lots, as staging areas for enforcement operations.
    Mayor limits protest hours at ICE site
    Protesters have frequently rallied near an immigration facility outside the city, and federal officials reported the arrests of 13 protesters on Friday near the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement building in Broadview. Mayor Katrina Thompson, citing safety and other factors, said she was limiting protests to 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    Elsewhere in the area, the Department of Homeland Security acknowledged that agents shot a woman Saturday on the southwest side of Chicago. The department said it happened after Border Patrol agents patrolling the area were “rammed by vehicles and boxed in by 10 cars.”
    Chicago Police Superintendent Larry Snelling said it was reasonable for agents to believe they were being ambushed.
    Portland says no crime crisis there
    In Portland, U.S. District Judge Karin Immergut on Sunday granted a temporary restraining order sought by Oregon and California to block the deployment of Guard troops from those states to the city.
    Immergut, who was appointed by Trump during his first term, seemed incredulous that the president moved to send National Guard troops to Oregon from neighboring California and then from Texas on Sunday, just hours after she had ruled against it the first time.
    “Aren’t defendants simply circumventing my order?” she said. “Why is this appropriate?”
    Local officials have suggested that many of the president’s claims and social media posts about Portland appear to rely on images from 2020. Five years later, the city has reduced crime, and downtown has seen fewer homeless encampments and more foot traffic.
    There has been a sustained and low-level protest outside the Portland ICE facility, but it’s been less disruptive than the downtown clashes of 2020 when demonstrations erupted after George Floyd’s killing.
    Most violent crime around the U.S. has actually declined in recent years, including in Portland, where homicides from January through June decreased by 51% to 17 this year compared to the same period in 2024, data shows.
    Since the start of his second term, Trump has sent or talked about sending troops to 10 cities, including Baltimore; Memphis, Tennessee; the District of Columbia; New Orleans; and the California cities of Oakland, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
    A federal judge in September said the administration “willfully” broke federal law by deploying guard troops to Los Angeles over protests about immigration raids.

    RELATED: 7 Times Kamala Harris Dropped Bombshells About Her Presidential Run, Joe Biden & Donald Trump In New Book ‘107 Days’ (RECAP)

    Associated Press reporters Christine Fernando and Sophia Tareen contributed to this report via AP Newsroom. 

    What Do You Think Roomies?

    Chicago chicago ice chicago sues trump administration chicago trump lawsuit featured ICE ice deportations ice takeover chicago Lawsuit national guard national guard chicago trump
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    EXPLAINED: Did Abhishek Sharma break ICC rules by wearing Mohammed Siraj’s jersey?

    February 19, 2026
    US Sports

    Shai Hope, Shamar Joseph sizzle in West Indies’ commanding win over Italy at T20 World Cup 2026

    February 19, 2026
    US Entertainment

    Jeffrey Epstein’s Ex-Assistant Scores Massage Table, Art in NASCAR Driver Divorce

    February 19, 2026
    US Sports

    T20 World Cup 2026: India vs South Africa Super 8 Ticket Prices, Booking Details

    February 19, 2026
    US Sports

    Shivam Dube reveals how MS Dhoni helped him tackle short balls

    February 19, 2026
    US Sports

    Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can rediscover his lost mojo in T20 World Cup 2026

    February 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Free agent number nine target will prioritise move to Barcelona

    News DeskFebruary 19, 20260

    Juventus forward Dusan Vlahovic has made his wishes clear on where he would like his…

    EXPLAINED: Did Abhishek Sharma break ICC rules by wearing Mohammed Siraj’s jersey?

    February 19, 2026

    Iam McKellan On Galdalf’s Different Role

    February 19, 2026

    Scandal deepens for Estepona mayor as plush restaurant he handed to son’s girlfriend ‘doesn’t have licence or pay any fees’

    February 19, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025

    EU countries clash with Brussels over banking mergers – POLITICO

    July 2, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Free agent number nine target will prioritise move to Barcelona

    February 19, 2026

    EXPLAINED: Did Abhishek Sharma break ICC rules by wearing Mohammed Siraj’s jersey?

    February 19, 2026

    Iam McKellan On Galdalf’s Different Role

    February 19, 2026

    Scandal deepens for Estepona mayor as plush restaurant he handed to son’s girlfriend ‘doesn’t have licence or pay any fees’

    February 19, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Free agent number nine target will prioritise move to Barcelona

    February 19, 2026

    EXPLAINED: Did Abhishek Sharma break ICC rules by wearing Mohammed Siraj’s jersey?

    February 19, 2026

    Iam McKellan On Galdalf’s Different Role

    February 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.