Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ‘American Idol’ News: How Was Mor’s Mom Murdered?

    February 17, 2026

    Ted Levine Expresses Regret Over ‘Silence of the Lambs’ Trans Depiction

    February 17, 2026

    ‘Who cares what the past was?’: Canada’s women look for redemption against U.S. in women’s hockey final

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»CA Entertainment»Francis Ford Coppola Forced To Sell His Prized Watches ‘Megalopolis’ Flopped
    CA Entertainment

    Francis Ford Coppola Forced To Sell His Prized Watches ‘Megalopolis’ Flopped

    News DeskBy News DeskOctober 25, 2025No Comments5 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Francis Ford Coppola Forced To Sell His Prized Watches 'Megalopolis' Flopped
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Francis Ford Coppola has reportedly resorted to selling a large part of his prized watch collection after sinking $120 million to fund his film “Megalopolis.”

    The famed director, known for classics such as “The Godfather” and “Apocalypse Now,” couldn’t repeat his successes in the latest film, which was plagued by production issues and eventually bombed at the box office.

    Francis Ford Coppola also recently sparked concern from fans after he was admitted to a public hospital, but later explained that the visit was for a scheduled procedure.

    Article continues below advertisement

    Francis Ford Coppola To Sell Watch Collection After His Movie Flopped

    River / MEGA

    The famed filmmaker seems to be strapped for cash after investing more than $100 million in the movie “Megalopolis.” According to the Daily Mail, the 86-year-old movie director has now decided to sell seven of his pricey watches through auction house Phillips.

    Amongst the collection is Coppola’s $1 1million one-of-a-kind piece, which he designed himself alongside renowned watchmaker François-Paul Journe. The FP Journe FFC Prototype piece features a black-titanium human-like hand with the thumb and fingers extending or retracting to indicate different hours.

    “Speaking with Francis in 2012 and hearing his idea on the use of a human hand to indicate time inspired me to create a watch I never could have imagined myself,” the watch co-designer Journe said.

    Article continues below advertisement

    He admitted that the challenge of creating the piece was “formidable,” but shared that it was “exactly the type of watchmaking project I adore.”

    “After years of collaborating directly with Francis in the development process, it was a great pleasure to deliver this FFC prototype to him in 2021,” he added. “I’m proud to fully support the sale of this watch through Phillips to fund the creation of his artistic masterpieces in filmmaking.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    The Famous Director Said ‘Megalopolis’ Isn’t Any More Of A ‘Passion Project’ Than His Other Films

    Francis Ford Coppola
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Coppola previously insisted he doesn’t consider it to be any more of a “passion project” than his other films.

    “I think all my films are passion projects. Even when you’re doing a film for money, when you get down into the work, you’re passionate about it because cinema is something you can’t do without loving,” Coppola said.

    The film director continued, “I’ve seen great directors like Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg do something on their cut and then dance around like kids with enthusiasm.”

    He then tagged the idea of a “passion project” as “another one of those coined phrases” before noting that “all making movies is passionate.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    Francis Ford Coppola’s ‘Megalopolis’ Bombed At The Box Office

    Coppola is reportedly worth around $400 million and could afford to self-fund, rather than go through the traditional studio route, because he’s not motivated by money.

    During the film’s premiere at the 2024 Cannes Film Festival, he said that he “never cared about money” and his three children “don’t need a fortune” from him.

    After years of working behind the scenes, Coppola released the film in 2024, having made the huge investment to bring it to life.

    However, it performed terribly at the Box Office, grossing just $14.3 million worldwide, with critics slamming it as “bloated,” “boring,” and a “head-wrecking abomination.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    The Award-Winning Director Faced A Scandal On Set

    Francis Ford Coppola
    maximon / MEGA

    The “Rumble Fish” director faced accusations of exhibiting unprofessional behavior as he allegedly kissed extras on set and made others uncomfortable. He later addressed the claims, calling them “totally untrue.”

    “If you read that piece, you’ll realize that whoever the sources were — and I honestly don’t know who the sources were — it’s the same people who provided quotes for that Hollywood Reporter piece that said all these people were fired or resigned, and that there was a mass exodus, all of that,” he said, per The Guardian.

    Coppola insisted that the “truth of the matter” is that critics were only “looking for some sort of dirt,” explaining that the woman he kissed in regard to a particular scene was “a young woman I knew.

    The director added, “It’s all so ridiculous. Look at the timing of that article. It’s right before we’re about to premiere the film at Cannes. They’re just trying to damage the picture.”

    Article continues below advertisement

    Francis Ford Coppola Recently Sparked Health Concerns

    Francis Ford Coppola
    Ron Sachs – Pool via CNP / MEGA

    Coppola sparked worry among fans when he recently faced a health scare that left him needing to see a heart specialist, Dr. Andrea Natale.

    Back in August, he was reportedly in Italy for a “creative reset” but was then admitted to a Roman public hospital, Policlinico Tor Vergata, after screening “Megalopolis” in Calabria.

    However, he later took to Instagram to explain that the visit was a scheduled procedure and assured fans that they had nothing to worry about.

    “I am well,” he captioned a photo of himself smiling, per the Daily Mail. “Da Dada (what my kids call me) is fine, taking an opportunity while in Rome to do the update of my 30-year-old AFib procedure with its inventor, a great Italian doctor – Dr. Andrea Natale! I am well!”

    Francis Ford Coppola
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Entertainment

    ‘American Idol’ News: How Was Mor’s Mom Murdered?

    February 17, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Ted Levine Expresses Regret Over ‘Silence of the Lambs’ Trans Depiction

    February 17, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Taylor Swift Extends Her Spotify Record With 24 Songs Over One Billion Streams

    February 17, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Anderson Cooper Quits ’60 Minutes’

    February 17, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Snoop Dogg Turns Around Embarrassing Fail at Winter Olympics

    February 17, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Barack Obama Says The Odds Are Good For Alien Life, But He Saw ‘No Evidence’ Of Contact

    February 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    ‘American Idol’ News: How Was Mor’s Mom Murdered?

    News DeskFebruary 17, 20260

    Mor is a contestant on American Idol. Fans recently saw his audition on the show. However,…

    Ted Levine Expresses Regret Over ‘Silence of the Lambs’ Trans Depiction

    February 17, 2026

    ‘Who cares what the past was?’: Canada’s women look for redemption against U.S. in women’s hockey final

    February 17, 2026

    Pablo López Headed For MRI With Elbow Soreness

    February 17, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025

    EU countries clash with Brussels over banking mergers – POLITICO

    July 2, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    ‘American Idol’ News: How Was Mor’s Mom Murdered?

    February 17, 2026

    Ted Levine Expresses Regret Over ‘Silence of the Lambs’ Trans Depiction

    February 17, 2026

    ‘Who cares what the past was?’: Canada’s women look for redemption against U.S. in women’s hockey final

    February 17, 2026

    Pablo López Headed For MRI With Elbow Soreness

    February 17, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    ‘American Idol’ News: How Was Mor’s Mom Murdered?

    February 17, 2026

    Ted Levine Expresses Regret Over ‘Silence of the Lambs’ Trans Depiction

    February 17, 2026

    ‘Who cares what the past was?’: Canada’s women look for redemption against U.S. in women’s hockey final

    February 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.