Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Pablo López Headed For MRI With Elbow Soreness

    February 17, 2026

    How Mo Helmi Builds Urban Environments That Thrive – Hollywood Life

    February 17, 2026

    Taylor Swift Extends Her Spotify Record With 24 Songs Over One Billion Streams

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Top Countries»Canada»Montreal brothers who kept Inuk woman’s body on couch for 6 months avoid prison time
    Canada

    Montreal brothers who kept Inuk woman’s body on couch for 6 months avoid prison time

    News DeskBy News DeskFebruary 16, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Montreal brothers who kept Inuk woman's body on couch for 6 months avoid prison time
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Listen to this article

    Estimated 3 minutes

    The audio version of this article is generated by AI-based technology. Mispronunciations can occur. We are working with our partners to continually review and improve the results.

    WARNING: This story contains graphic details of malady and death.

    A Montreal man who kept the remains of an Inuk woman on his couch for six months was sentenced on Monday to 10 months detention to be served in the community.

    Francesco Sansalone and his brother Nicodemo Sansalone pleaded guilty in May 2025 to committing an indignity to the corpse of Alasie Tukkiapik, a 41-year-old from Kangiqsujuaq in Nunavik.  

    Francesco’s sentence requires that he abide by numerous conditions while serving his sentence in the community.

    Nicodemo was also sentenced on Monday. He was sentenced to three years probation, 50 hours of community service and 70 days of jail time already served. 

    Quebec court judge Pierre Labelle said Francesco’s mental health issues were a contributing factor in the crime.

    The brothers did not contact the authorities after Tukkiapik died at their home in February 2023. Tukkiapik and Francesco were in a relationship and she had been ill before her death, according to a statement of facts submitted to the court. 

    Instead, they continued to live together with her body on the couch, spraying air fresheners to cover the smell and avoiding the living room where she lay.

    They said in the statement of facts that they didn’t report her death because they feared repercussions from Tukkiapik’s family.

    Her family went searching for her, but the brothers would not let them into the house. 

    In September 2023, the family contacted police, who confronted Nicodemo at the brothers’ home, where they noticed the shape of a human on the couch, covered by a blanket. Underneath the blanket, they found the body. Nicodemo was placed under arrest, and he immediately began telling police he feared the woman’s family — thinking her brother would kill him.

    They did not immediately find Franceso. Investigators searched for him, checking shelters and other resources for the unhoused he was known to frequent until, in October 2023, he was arrested at a shopping mall.

    An autopsy was unable to determine the cause of Tukkiapik’s death due to the condition of her body. There were, however, multiple bandages and paper towels on her back and buttocks, beneath her clothes. Francesco had said she was bleeding from her buttocks before she died. 

    There was no visible lesion, nor sign of significant traumatic or pre-existing injury. 

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    Canada

    London Knights clinch playoff spot for 24th consecutive season – London

    February 17, 2026
    Canada

    One person injured, dog dead after suspected arson at Windsor, Ont., home – London

    February 16, 2026
    Canada

    Canadian freestyle skier Megan Oldham captures Olympic big air gold

    February 16, 2026
    Canada

    Winnipeg house fire that killed man was deliberately set, police claim – Winnipeg

    February 16, 2026
    Canada

    Number of reports of people with weapons rises in Alberta after Tumbler Ridge shooting, say RCMP

    February 16, 2026
    Canada

    Robert Duvall, ‘The Godfather’ actor, dead at 95 – National

    February 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Pablo López Headed For MRI With Elbow Soreness

    News DeskFebruary 17, 20260

    The Twins are sending starter Pablo López for an MRI after he experienced elbow soreness during…

    How Mo Helmi Builds Urban Environments That Thrive – Hollywood Life

    February 17, 2026

    Taylor Swift Extends Her Spotify Record With 24 Songs Over One Billion Streams

    February 17, 2026

    Anderson Cooper Quits ’60 Minutes’

    February 17, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025

    EU countries clash with Brussels over banking mergers – POLITICO

    July 2, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Pablo López Headed For MRI With Elbow Soreness

    February 17, 2026

    How Mo Helmi Builds Urban Environments That Thrive – Hollywood Life

    February 17, 2026

    Taylor Swift Extends Her Spotify Record With 24 Songs Over One Billion Streams

    February 17, 2026

    Anderson Cooper Quits ’60 Minutes’

    February 17, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Pablo López Headed For MRI With Elbow Soreness

    February 17, 2026

    How Mo Helmi Builds Urban Environments That Thrive – Hollywood Life

    February 17, 2026

    Taylor Swift Extends Her Spotify Record With 24 Songs Over One Billion Streams

    February 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.