Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Echeverri on Kounde decision against Barca

    February 17, 2026

    Quebec Games Celebration Steam sale returns with new showcase

    February 17, 2026

    Monaco v PSG – Confirmed line-ups for crunch Champions League clash

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Sports»US Sports»Tony Clark To Step Down As MLBPA Executive Director
    US Sports

    Tony Clark To Step Down As MLBPA Executive Director

    News DeskBy News DeskFebruary 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Tony Clark To Step Down As MLBPA Executive Director
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    10:07am: Angels lefty Brent Suter, another member of the eight-player MLBPA executive subcommittee, tells The Athletic’s Sam Blum that the union has an interim director in mind and is not planning to commence an external search at this time. “We’re going to have an interim [director] and keep everything as stable as we can this year,” says Suter.

    8:23am: Tony Clark is preparing to announce his resignation as the executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, per a report from Evan Drellich, Ken Rosenthal and Andy McCullough of The Athletic. Clark has been in his current position since 2013.

    The 53-year-old Clark and the union have been under investigation since last summer due to purported improprieties regarding the usage of licensing money. Specifically, Clark has previously been alleged to have given himself equity in OneTeam Partners — a joint venture between the MLBPA and NFLPA — and failed to have sufficiently disclosed the level of resources being dedicated to Players Way, an MLBPA-owned youth baseball initiative that is under federal investigation.

    Clark had been scheduled to begin a tour of spring visits to the game’s 30 teams just this morning, but the first of those meetings (with the Guardians) was abruptly canceled. A statement is expected at some point today, per the New York Post’s Joel Sherman.

    SNY’s Chelsea Janes reports that MLBPA executive subcommittee member Marcus Semien told reporters that his understanding of  the resignation is that it’s related to the Eastern District of New York’s investigation into the usage of licensing money. Semien noted that the subcommittee has not yet convened in the wake of the announcement, and he thus does not have a definitive answer as to when a new director will be appointed or whether deputy director Bruce Meyer will continue on as the union’s lead negotiator.

    The timing of the move is of particular note. Major League Baseball’s current collective bargaining agreement expires in just over nine months. The last wave of collective bargaining talks between the Clark-led union and the Rob Manfred-led league/owners collective was contentious enough to result in a 99-day offseason lockout and transaction freeze.

    An even more vitriolic battle is expected by many this time around, with several owners publicly digging in their heels regarding their belief that the sport needs to adopt a salary cap. Any sort of cap — even if accompanied by a salary floor — has been a nonstarter for every previous iteration of the players association; Clark has made no secret of his adamant anti-cap stance at virtually every given opportunity, and Meyer has been in lockstep with that mentality as the union’s lead negotiator and No. 2 executive.

    tony clark
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    Monaco v PSG – Confirmed line-ups for crunch Champions League clash

    February 17, 2026
    US Sports

    MLBTR Live Chat

    February 17, 2026
    US Sports

    Italy shocks US, wins men’s speed skating team pursuit

    February 17, 2026
    US Sports

    Fans react as Nepal sign off T20 World Cup 2026 on a high after Dipendra Singh Airee’s historic knock destroys Scotland

    February 17, 2026
    US Sports

    Raphinha hits out against Spanish referees after controversial Girona defeat

    February 17, 2026
    US Sports

    Pablo López Diagnosed With UCL Tear

    February 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Echeverri on Kounde decision against Barca

    News DeskFebruary 17, 20260

    On-loan Manchester City winger Claudio Echeverri has admitted that he would have understood if the…

    Quebec Games Celebration Steam sale returns with new showcase

    February 17, 2026

    Monaco v PSG – Confirmed line-ups for crunch Champions League clash

    February 17, 2026

    4 compelling free agents still on the market

    February 17, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    'It’s a dependency': Carney touts diversifying defence procurement beyond the U.S. in new strategy

    February 17, 2026

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Echeverri on Kounde decision against Barca

    February 17, 2026

    Quebec Games Celebration Steam sale returns with new showcase

    February 17, 2026

    Monaco v PSG – Confirmed line-ups for crunch Champions League clash

    February 17, 2026

    4 compelling free agents still on the market

    February 17, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Echeverri on Kounde decision against Barca

    February 17, 2026

    Quebec Games Celebration Steam sale returns with new showcase

    February 17, 2026

    Monaco v PSG – Confirmed line-ups for crunch Champions League clash

    February 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.