Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Fans erupt as Georgia Voll’s blazing knock steers Australia to a dominant win over India in 2nd T20I

    February 19, 2026

    Marilyn Monroe’s Former Palm Springs Home Hits Market for $3.3M

    February 19, 2026

    Real Madrid send evidence to UEFA to support case against Prestianni

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Science & Technology»US Science & Tech»Trump DOE decides to keep at least one Biden-era energy program
    US Science & Tech

    Trump DOE decides to keep at least one Biden-era energy program

    News DeskBy News DeskOctober 17, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Trump DOE decides to keep at least one Biden-era energy program
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Department of Energy said Thursday that it had finalized a $1.6 billion loan guarantee to upgrade around 5,000 miles of transmission lines.

    The grid upgrades would ease the flow of electricity in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, and West Virginia. The project, which will address lines owned by American Electric Power, won’t add any new routes, but it will help existing ones carry more power.

    AEP is one of the largest utilities and transmission line owners in the U.S., with operations spanning 11 states. The 5,000 miles that will be upgraded represent a round 13% of the company’s total network.

    The loan guarantee was initiated under the Biden administration just days before President Trump was inaugurated. Previously, the Trump administration has cited approvals occurring between Election Day and Inauguration Day as justification for canceling projects.

    It’s unclear what distinguished this grid modernization project from others that the Trump administration is considering or in the process of canceling. 

    In Minnesota, the Department of Energy is moving to cancel a $467 million grant that would have helped unlock 28 gigawatts of new generating capacity, most of which would have been solar and wind. Another in Oregon would have issued $250 million in grants to connect half a dozen renewable projects.

    But the largest transmission project the Trump administration wants to axe is a $630 million grant to modernize California’s grid. In many ways, it’s similar to the AEP project, looking to wring more out of the existing grid to ease congestion. As planned, the California project would test advanced conductors and dynamic line rating devices, both of which would allow old rights-of-way to carry more electricity. That’s frequently a cheaper option than building new power lines.

    The AEP project will also rewire the lines with new conductors. The loan guarantee will allow the utility giant to secure a lower interest rate, saving the company at least $275 million, which it says will benefit its customers.

    Energy Secretary Chris Wright said that the loan will “ensure lower electricity costs across the Midwestern region of the United States.” Already, the states included in the project have among the lowest electricity rates in the nation.

    The loans are to be issued from the Loan Programs Office, which the GOP has renamed the Energy Dominance Financing Program. The office was established under the Energy Policy Act in 2005. Historically, the office had focused on clean energy and manufacturing projects. The loss rate on its loans is around 3%, far below that of private sector lenders.

    Department of Energy electrical grid Trump Administration
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Science & Tech

    The 16 best portable Bluetooth speakers for 2026

    February 19, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    OpenAI taps Tata for 100MW AI data center capacity in India, eyes 1GW

    February 19, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    OpenAI deepens India push with Pine Labs fintech partnership

    February 19, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Mark Zuckerberg testifies in social media addiction trial that Meta just wants Instagram to be ‘useful’

    February 18, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Dyson announces the PencilWash wet floor cleaner

    February 18, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Etsy sells secondhand clothing marketplace Depop to eBay for $1.2B

    February 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Fans erupt as Georgia Voll’s blazing knock steers Australia to a dominant win over India in 2nd T20I

    News DeskFebruary 19, 20260

    The Manuka Oval in Canberra bore witness to a masterclass in modern T20 power-hitting on…

    Marilyn Monroe’s Former Palm Springs Home Hits Market for $3.3M

    February 19, 2026

    Real Madrid send evidence to UEFA to support case against Prestianni

    February 19, 2026

    Virtuoso’s Canada Forum signals strong 2026 sales momentum

    February 19, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Tren de Aragua member avoids murder conviction after jury can't reach verdict

    February 18, 2026

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Fans erupt as Georgia Voll’s blazing knock steers Australia to a dominant win over India in 2nd T20I

    February 19, 2026

    Marilyn Monroe’s Former Palm Springs Home Hits Market for $3.3M

    February 19, 2026

    Real Madrid send evidence to UEFA to support case against Prestianni

    February 19, 2026

    Virtuoso’s Canada Forum signals strong 2026 sales momentum

    February 19, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Fans erupt as Georgia Voll’s blazing knock steers Australia to a dominant win over India in 2nd T20I

    February 19, 2026

    Marilyn Monroe’s Former Palm Springs Home Hits Market for $3.3M

    February 19, 2026

    Real Madrid send evidence to UEFA to support case against Prestianni

    February 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.