Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Arte y entretenimiento en el valle de Mahoning

    February 19, 2026

    Cubs Hire Dixon Machado As Minor League Manager

    February 19, 2026

    At Siam Piwat, Capturing Thailand’s Growing Retail Opportunity

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, February 19
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Business & Economy»US Business & Economy»Trump Mobile’s golden phone delayed despite promises
    US Business & Economy

    Trump Mobile’s golden phone delayed despite promises

    News DeskBy News DeskJanuary 6, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Trump Mobile’s golden phone delayed despite promises
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    A golden phone that President Donald Trump‘s family business promised to release last year remains mysteriously under wraps as the technology industry serves up a glut of new gadgets at CES in Las Vegas this week.

    When the Trump Organization launched a mobile phone service last June, it was supposed to be a stage setter for a new smartphone bathed in gold with a $500 price tag — a bargain compared to Apple’s latest iPhone models that sell for anywhere from $800 to $1,200. The newly formed Trump Mobile targeted its T1 phone for an August or September release.

    What’s more, Trump Mobile initially hailed T1 as a device that would be “proudly designed and built in the United States for customers who expect the best.”

    But both the T1’s shipping date and U.S. manufacturing ambitions gradually began to shift, even as Trump Mobile continues to accept $100 deposits for the device.

    Not long after announcing the device, Trump Mobile pivoted from describing it as a phone that would be made in the U.S. to framing it as a device that would be “proudly American.” Trump Mobile’s website now touts the T1 as having an “American-proud” design, with no further explanation.

    Analysts believed that the shift stemmed from a recognition that the U.S. lacked the supply chain and other logistics required to make a smartphone for less than $1,000 — the same hurdles that made it implausible for Apple to acquiesce to President Trump’s demands that the company move its iPhone manufacturing from China and India.

    Later in the summer, Trump Mobile also became more vague about when the T1 would become available, but still indicated it would be delivered to customers who paid the $100 deposit by the end of 2025. Trump Mobile’s website continues to list the T1’s targeted release date as “later this year.”

    The Trump Organization didn’t respond to inquiries from The Associated Press about the delays or when the device is now expected to be shipped. The Financial Times recently reported that it was told by a customer representative for Trump Mobile that the phone will be shipped in late January and attributed its delayed release to the 43-day shutdown of the federal government last year.

    Whatever the reason, the T1’s ongoing absence from the smartphone market didn’t come as a surprise to International Data Corp. analyst Francisco Jeronimo.

    “We have always been quite skeptical about this phone,” Jeronimo said. “They are probably finding that it is harder to build a phone than they thought it would be. Let’s see if this thing comes to life or not.”

    While the T1 has remained in a holding pattern, Trump Mobile has been selling its wireless service for $47.45 per month — a price tied to Donald Trump’s titles as the 47th and 45th President. For customers looking for a smartphone that they can use sooner rather than later, Trump Mobile is also selling refurbished versions of older iPhones and Samsung’s Galaxy models at prices ranging from $370 to $630.

    “Maybe they changed their strategy and figured out they are better off just selling refurbished phones,” Jeronimo said.

    —Michael Liedtke, AP technology writer

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Business & Economy

    Ditch Team Surveillance and Unlock Real Motivation With This Simple Method

    February 18, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    Flower Shop Rejected on Shark Tank Now Does $100M Revenue

    February 18, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    OpenAI, Google, and Perplexity near approval to host AI directly for the U.S. government (exclusive)

    February 18, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    Klarna CEO says firm will likely reduce its workforce by 1,000 employees by 2030—partially due to AI

    February 18, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    Digital excellence can yield exceptional in-person experiences

    February 18, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    Modernizing the $10T Global Housing Market

    February 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Arte y entretenimiento en el valle de Mahoning

    News DeskFebruary 19, 20260

    Foto enviada El trabajo de Perris Mackey, arriba, y JaQuez se presenta en la exposición…

    Cubs Hire Dixon Machado As Minor League Manager

    February 19, 2026

    At Siam Piwat, Capturing Thailand’s Growing Retail Opportunity

    February 19, 2026

    Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can rediscover his lost mojo in T20 World Cup 2026

    February 19, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Watch Shudder’s found-footage horror Bodycam trailer

    February 18, 2026

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Arte y entretenimiento en el valle de Mahoning

    February 19, 2026

    Cubs Hire Dixon Machado As Minor League Manager

    February 19, 2026

    At Siam Piwat, Capturing Thailand’s Growing Retail Opportunity

    February 19, 2026

    Sunil Gavaskar reveals how Abhishek Sharma can rediscover his lost mojo in T20 World Cup 2026

    February 19, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Arte y entretenimiento en el valle de Mahoning

    February 19, 2026

    Cubs Hire Dixon Machado As Minor League Manager

    February 19, 2026

    At Siam Piwat, Capturing Thailand’s Growing Retail Opportunity

    February 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.