Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ‘I had to resign because of this’: Former Pakistan legend makes explosive Babar Azam allegation amidst T20 World Cup 2026

    February 20, 2026

    Vinicius Junior angry with Jose Mourinho after racism incident

    February 20, 2026

    un agente de IA con el que puedes hablar para buscar en la web y controlar el móvil

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Business & Economy»US Business & Economy»Trump’s new order delays tariff increases on kitchen cabinets and upholstered furniture
    US Business & Economy

    Trump’s new order delays tariff increases on kitchen cabinets and upholstered furniture

    News DeskBy News DeskJanuary 2, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Trump’s new order delays tariff increases on kitchen cabinets and upholstered furniture
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    President Donald Trump signed a New Year’s Eve proclamation delaying increased tariffs on upholstered furniture, kitchen cabinets and vanities for a year, citing ongoing trade talks.
    Trump’s order signed Wednesday keeps in place a 25% tariff he imposed in September on those goods, but delays for another year a 30% tariff on upholstered furniture and 50% tariff on kitchen cabinets and vanities.
    The increases, which were set to take effect Jan. 1, come as the Republican president instituted a broad swath of taxes on imported goods to address trade imbalances and other issues.
    The president has said the tariffs on furniture are needed to “bolster American industry and protect national security.”
    The delay is the latest in the roller coaster of Trump’s tariff wars since he returned to office last year, with the president announcing levies at times without warning and then delaying or pulling back from them just as abruptly.
    The Trump administration on Wednesday also signaled it may back away from a steep tariff proposed on Italian pasta that would have put the rate at 107%. The U.S. had threatened to add a heavy tariff on Italian pasta makers after the U.S. Commerce Department launched what it said was a routine antidumping review based on allegations that the pasta makers sold product into the US at below-market prices and undercut local competitors.
    A final decision on the sanctions was scheduled for Jan. 2, with the option of extending it.
    The Commerce Department said Wednesday that based on a new review, the rates would be lowered to between 2.26% and 13.89% for the pasta makers because they had addressed many of the department’s concerns. A final decision is now set for March 12.
    Italian farm lobby Coldiretti and another food industry association, Filiera Italia, welcomed the development. The two lobby groups had strongly objected to the original tariffs and urged the Italian government to intervene.
    The two associations said the original proposed tariffs would have doubled the cost of a plate of pasta for American families, “opening the door to Italian-sounding products and penalizing the authentic quality of Made in Italy.”
    They reported that in 2024, Italian pasta exports to the U.S. amounted to €671 million ($787 million).
    “Coldiretti and Filiera Italia will continue to defend our premium pasta exported to the U.S. market, which we have also supported with a strong campaign in the international media,” the associations said in a statement.


    Associated Press writer Nicole Winfield in Rome contributed to this report.

    —Michelle L. Price, Associated Press

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Business & Economy

    Our brains are wired to ignore information. Here are neuroscience-backed tips for communicating memorably

    February 20, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    Hollywood is freaking out over a viral AI video showing Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise fighting

    February 19, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    Why some United fliers will suddenly earn less for the same flights

    February 19, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    The legal fight that could force Apple to rethink iCloud design

    February 19, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    ‘Staples Baddie’ went viral. Here’s what the retailer is doing about its Gen Z employee’s internet fame

    February 19, 2026
    US Business & Economy

    Why the best problem-solvers think like jazz musicians

    February 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    ‘I had to resign because of this’: Former Pakistan legend makes explosive Babar Azam allegation amidst T20 World Cup 2026

    News DeskFebruary 20, 20260

    In an explosive revelation that has cast a shadow over Pakistan‘s T20 World Cup 2026…

    Vinicius Junior angry with Jose Mourinho after racism incident

    February 20, 2026

    un agente de IA con el que puedes hablar para buscar en la web y controlar el móvil

    February 20, 2026

    dimite el director general que escondió seis meses los vídeos del Cecopi

    February 20, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    un agente de IA con el que puedes hablar para buscar en la web y controlar el móvil

    February 20, 2026

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    ‘I had to resign because of this’: Former Pakistan legend makes explosive Babar Azam allegation amidst T20 World Cup 2026

    February 20, 2026

    Vinicius Junior angry with Jose Mourinho after racism incident

    February 20, 2026

    un agente de IA con el que puedes hablar para buscar en la web y controlar el móvil

    February 20, 2026

    dimite el director general que escondió seis meses los vídeos del Cecopi

    February 20, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    ‘I had to resign because of this’: Former Pakistan legend makes explosive Babar Azam allegation amidst T20 World Cup 2026

    February 20, 2026

    Vinicius Junior angry with Jose Mourinho after racism incident

    February 20, 2026

    un agente de IA con el que puedes hablar para buscar en la web y controlar el móvil

    February 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.