Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup 2026: Harbhajan Singh predicts Team India’s playing XI for Super 8 clash against South Africa

    February 21, 2026

    DANG!: Netflix Announces Adult Animated Comedy Series Starring Stephanie Hsu, Poppy Liu and Andrew Law – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Top Countries»Mexico»US will now start hitting Mexican cartel land targets
    Mexico

    US will now start hitting Mexican cartel land targets

    News DeskBy News DeskJanuary 9, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    US will now start hitting Mexican cartel land targets
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    After the Jan. 3 raid on Venezuela that captured that country’s president, analysts and everyday residents worried that Mexico may be the next target. U.S. President Donald Trump has now validated those concerns, stating bluntly that the U.S. military could begin land strikes on drug cartels in Mexico.

    “We’ve knocked out 97% of the drugs coming in by water, and we are going to start now hitting land, with regard to the cartels,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity Thursday. “The cartels are running Mexico; it’s very sad to watch and see what’s happened to that country.” 

    🚨🔥 BREAKING: TRUMP FLOATS LAND STRIKES ON MEXICO AS GLOBAL POWERS QUIETLY MOVE IN 🇺🇸🇲🇽

    A political shockwave is spreading after Donald Trump signaled the possibility of U.S. land strikes on Mexico, following a viral clip from his latest Fox News interview now circulating… pic.twitter.com/RrIcKhj57j

    — Slavic Networks (@SlavicNetworks) January 9, 2026

    Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum, who had previously condemned the U.S. military actions in Venezuela, responded on Friday by saying that defending national sovereignty is a priority in light of Trump’s statements.

    At the same time, she called for stronger coordination with the U.S. on maritime security.

    During her daily morning press conference, Sheinbaum highlighted the Mexican Naval Ministry’s surveillance in Mexico’s continental waters, insisting it has provided concrete results in the fight against drug trafficking.

    “We are in contact with the U.S. government and the Coast Guard in case a vessel or boat approaches, so that it can be apprehended through coordinated efforts, without the need for force,” she said, adding that the Navy has seized 1.6 tons of cocaine in the past year. 

    “We want to continue working as necessary to further strengthen coordination within the framework of defending our water sovereignty and the territorial integrity of Mexico,” she said.

    The White House has yet to clarify Trump’s remarks, nor has it provided additional information on the timing or scope of the potential land attacks.

    Since September, the U.S. has carried out strikes on approximately 30 so-called narcoboats allegedly from Venezuela, resulting in the deaths of more than 100 people. These operations were conducted without a court order or congressional mandate.

    Trump also said U.S. forces recently struck a docking facility for such boats in Venezuela and, this week, U.S. forces boarded and seized a Russian-flagged oil tanker in the Atlantic Ocean.

    The U.S. has accused the ship of breaking sanctions and shipping Iranian oil, although the BBC reported that it has historically transported Venezuelan crude oil. Reports suggest it is empty at the moment.

    Last February, Trump designated six Mexican cartels as foreign terrorist organizations, a move Sheinbaum criticized as threatening Mexico’s sovereignty. In November, NBC News reported that the U.S. military was training for ground operations in Mexico.

    Last month, the digital news outlet Código Magenta reported that U.S. operations might even target past and present Mexican politicians with alleged links to drug cartels.

    Speculation about U.S. intentions with regard to Mexico has intensified since the Venezuelan operation which prompted mixed reactions — and protests — across Mexico.

    There’s an economic threat as well

    However, there are other concerns for Sheinbaum.

    The Trump administration has announced that it would reincorporate Venezuelan oil into international markets, a move that would reshape the global energy map and economically threaten Mexico, a principal supplier to its northern neighbor.

    A worker walks by gas lines at a PDVSA Venezuela oil facility
    A U.S. takeover of Venezuelan oil resources could be a problem for Mexico, which is a major crude oil supplier for the U.S. (Petróleos de Venezuela)

    George Baker, an energy sector analyst based in Houston and the editor of the specialized newsletter Mexico Energy Intelligence, told the digital publication Animal Político that Mexico is especially vulnerable.

    Baker warned that “Mexico is at risk of losing its second-place position (Canada is the top supplier) as a source of crude oil supply to the United States, due to the likely advance of PDVSA, Venezuela’s national oil company that has been restricted for years due to financial and operational problems.”

    U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright said on Wednesday that the U.S. is already in talks with major trading firms and banks to immediately move between 30 million and 50 million barrels of Venezuelan oil stored on floating platforms and on land.

    With reports from El País, EuroNews and Milenio



    Mexican cartels mexico sovereignty Sheinbaum us intervention Sticky trump
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    Mexico

    Confidently Wrong interviews Escuela Vasconcelos

    February 21, 2026
    Mexico

    Uber Eats wants to save Mexico City’s spiciest salsas

    February 21, 2026
    Mexico

    Why the Mexican film ‘Nosotros Nobles’ resonates with this gringa

    February 21, 2026
    Mexico

    Cayao restaurant aims to expand Los Cabos’ collective palate

    February 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Elon Musk’s Georgia Voter Fraud Scandal Exposed As Official Probe Finds ‘Pre-Filled’ Ballots

    February 21, 2026
    Mexico

    AIFA grows moderately as Mexico City’s main airport shrinks

    February 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    News DeskFebruary 21, 20260

    Whew! The timeline got real loud after NBA YoungBoy publicly called out streamer PlaqueBoyMax for…

    T20 World Cup 2026: Harbhajan Singh predicts Team India’s playing XI for Super 8 clash against South Africa

    February 21, 2026

    DANG!: Netflix Announces Adult Animated Comedy Series Starring Stephanie Hsu, Poppy Liu and Andrew Law – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    February 21, 2026

    Battle of Champions’ Coaches Talk ‘Tricky’ Season

    February 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Think social media addiction only affects teens? Experts say adults are hooked too

    February 21, 2026

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup 2026: Harbhajan Singh predicts Team India’s playing XI for Super 8 clash against South Africa

    February 21, 2026

    DANG!: Netflix Announces Adult Animated Comedy Series Starring Stephanie Hsu, Poppy Liu and Andrew Law – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    February 21, 2026

    Battle of Champions’ Coaches Talk ‘Tricky’ Season

    February 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    NBA YoungBoy Calls Out PlaqueBoyMax Over Music Critique

    February 21, 2026

    T20 World Cup 2026: Harbhajan Singh predicts Team India’s playing XI for Super 8 clash against South Africa

    February 21, 2026

    DANG!: Netflix Announces Adult Animated Comedy Series Starring Stephanie Hsu, Poppy Liu and Andrew Law – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    February 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.