Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    la nueva IA gratuita que supera a ChatGPT y Gemini 3 Pro en rendimiento

    February 18, 2026

    Piyush Chawla names India’s playing XI for final league clash against Netherlands in T20 World Cup 2026

    February 18, 2026

    🎙 PODCAST | Menú del día en el PP: la palabra de Guardiola y doble ración de Vox

    February 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, February 18
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Top Countries»Canada»US will send survivors of strike on suspected drug vessel back to Ecuador and Colombia, Trump say – National
    Canada

    US will send survivors of strike on suspected drug vessel back to Ecuador and Colombia, Trump say – National

    News DeskBy News DeskOctober 18, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    US will send survivors of strike on suspected drug vessel back to Ecuador and Colombia, Trump say - National
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The two survivors of an American military strike on a suspected drug-carrying vessel in the Caribbean will be sent to Ecuador and Colombia, their home countries, President Donald Trump said Saturday.

    The military rescued the pair after striking a submersible vessel Thursday, in what was at least the sixth such attack since early September.

    “It was my great honor to destroy a very large DRUG-CARRYING SUBMARINE that was navigating towards the United States on a well known narcotrafficking transit route,” Trump said in a social media post. “U.S. Intelligence confirmed this vessel was loaded up with mostly Fentanyl, and other illegal narcotics.”

    After Trump’s announcement, the Pentagon posted on X a brief black-and-white video of the strike. In the clip, a vessel can be seen moving through the waves, its front portion submerged inches below the water’s surface. Then, several explosions are seen, with at least one over the back of the vessel.

    Story continues below advertisement

    The Republican president said two people onboard were killed — one more than was previously reported — and the two who survived are being sent to their home countries “for detention and prosecution.”

    Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

    Get daily National news

    Get the day’s top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

    With Trump’s confirmation on his Truth Social platform of the death toll, that means U.S. military action against vessels in the region have killed at least 29 people.


    The president has justified the strikes by asserting that the United States is engaged in an “armed conflict” with drug cartels. He is relying on the same legal authority used by the George W. Bush administration when it declared a war on terrorism after the Sept. 11 attacks, and that includes the ability to capture and detain combatants and to use lethal force to take out their leadership. Trump is also treating the suspected traffickers as if they were enemy soldiers in a traditional war.

    The repatriation avoids questions for the Trump administration about what the legal status of the two would have been in the U.S. justice system. It may also sidestep some of the legal issues that arose out of the detention of enemy combatants in the global war on terrorism as well as challenges to the constitutionality of the current operation.

    Trending Now

    • Documents reveal new witness statements to RCMP about missing N.S. children

    • Canadians have visa-free access to more countries than Americans: report

    To some legal scholars, Trump’s use of such military force against suspect drug cartels, along with his authorization of covert action inside Venezuela, possibly to oust President Nicolás Maduro, stretches the bounds of international law.

    Story continues below advertisement

    On Friday, Trump seemed to confirm reports that Maduro has offered a stake in Venezuela’s oil and other mineral wealth in recent months to try to stave off mounting pressure from the United States. Venezuelan government officials have also floated a plan in which Maduro would eventually leave office, according to a former Trump administration official. That plan was also rejected by the White House, The Associated Press reported.

    The strikes in the Caribbean have caused unease among members of Congress from both parties and complaints about receiving insufficient information on how the attacks are being conducted. But most Republican senators backed the administration last week on a measure that would have required Trump’s team to get approval from Congress before more strikes.

    Meanwhile, another resolution to be considered would prevent Trump from outright attacking Venezuela without congressional authorization.

    &copy 2025 The Canadian Press



    Drugs Ecuador military trump World
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    Canada

    What happened to Alberta’s ‘triage liason’ doctors?

    February 18, 2026
    Canada

    Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Zach Collaros raring to go after free agent additions – Winnipeg

    February 18, 2026
    Canada

    Pattullo Bridge closes early after people started to climb up the arch – BC

    February 18, 2026
    Canada

    Saskatchewan invests additional $1.4 million in gender-based violence programming

    February 18, 2026
    Canada

    B.C. police watchdog considering investigation of Tumbler Ridge mass shooting

    February 18, 2026
    Canada

    Olympic viewing guide Day 12: What to watch on a big Wednesday

    February 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    la nueva IA gratuita que supera a ChatGPT y Gemini 3 Pro en rendimiento

    News DeskFebruary 18, 20260

    Tal es el “combate” en el que se encuentran compañías como Anthropic u OpenAI, que…

    Piyush Chawla names India’s playing XI for final league clash against Netherlands in T20 World Cup 2026

    February 18, 2026

    🎙 PODCAST | Menú del día en el PP: la palabra de Guardiola y doble ración de Vox

    February 18, 2026

    Trump administration is erasing history and science at national parks, lawsuit argues : NPR

    February 18, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Fernanda Tovar • Director of Sad Girlz

    February 17, 2026

    The Roads Not Taken – Movie Reviews. TV Coverage. Trailers. Film Festivals.

    September 12, 2025

    Huey Lewis & The News, Heart And Soul

    September 12, 2025

    FNE Oscar Watch 2026: Croatia Selects Fiume o morte! as Oscar Bid

    September 12, 2025
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    la nueva IA gratuita que supera a ChatGPT y Gemini 3 Pro en rendimiento

    February 18, 2026

    Piyush Chawla names India’s playing XI for final league clash against Netherlands in T20 World Cup 2026

    February 18, 2026

    🎙 PODCAST | Menú del día en el PP: la palabra de Guardiola y doble ración de Vox

    February 18, 2026

    Trump administration is erasing history and science at national parks, lawsuit argues : NPR

    February 18, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    la nueva IA gratuita que supera a ChatGPT y Gemini 3 Pro en rendimiento

    February 18, 2026

    Piyush Chawla names India’s playing XI for final league clash against Netherlands in T20 World Cup 2026

    February 18, 2026

    🎙 PODCAST | Menú del día en el PP: la palabra de Guardiola y doble ración de Vox

    February 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.