Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Telus texting some customers a free extra 50GB of data

    May 21, 2026

    How Should The Astros Handle Their Infield This Summer?

    May 21, 2026

    Jimmy Kimmel Calls For CBS Boycott Over Colbert Firing

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Politics & Opinion»US Politics»Gun activists ask Supreme Court to block Maryland’s ban on firearms at ‘sensitive places’
    US Politics

    Gun activists ask Supreme Court to block Maryland’s ban on firearms at ‘sensitive places’

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Gun activists ask Supreme Court to block Maryland’s ban on firearms at ‘sensitive places’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    A coalition of gun-rights groups has asked the Supreme Court to step in and block a Maryland law that bars even concealed-carry permit holders from carrying firearms at “sensitive places” such as state parks, museums and mass transit.

    A lower appeals court upheld Maryland’s law, saying some public locations must be able to be off-limits for guns.

    But the law’s opponents say the state has put so much of the public space out of bounds that it could undermine “a meaningful right to public carry at all.”

    The Supreme Court has shied away from the sensitive locations debate, but the issue will have to be dealt with at some point.

    Democrat-led states rushed to adopt sensitive-place laws after the justices in 2022 struck down other laws that had hindered those seeking concealed-carry permits.

    That ruling, the Bruen decision, held that the only laws that could pass constitutional muster are ones that would have been countenanced by the nation’s founders, or alternatively those who crafted the 14th Amendment that applied most of the Bill of Rights against the states.

    The gun-rights groups said the heart of the Second Amendment’s right to bear arms is personal protection. In their petition to the Supreme Court, they said states can abridge that right in locations only when the state itself provides armed guards and screening — such as a courthouse.

    The groups said the wide range of places Maryland bans guns makes it a good chance for the high court to settle matters.

    “By labeling essentially all areas open to the public ‘sensitive places,’ municipalities have attempted to completely ban the possession and carry of firearms in public all over again,” said Adam Kraut, executive director of the Second Amendment Foundation. “We are hopeful presenting this case to the Supreme Court provides an attractive opportunity for the Court to once and for all clarify what places are, and are not, sufficiently ‘sensitive’ to justify extinguishing peoples’ rights.”

    The Bruen ruling called into question all three parts of gun control laws: People whose possession can be limited, the types of weapons that can be limited, and what locations can be put out of bounds.

    Cases dealing with all of those have been winding their way through the lower courts.

    The high court last year declined to hear a case challenging Maryland’s ban on some semiautomatic rifles, including the popular AR-15.

    Gun-rights groups challenged Maryland’s sensitive places law as it applied to mass transit, public demonstrations, state parks and forests, health care facilities, “places of amusement” such as stadiums and amusement parks, schools, government buildings and bars and restaurants where alcohol is served.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Politics

    FCC seeks public comment on transgender content warnings for children’s TV ratings

    May 21, 2026
    US Politics

    In pitch to voters, Susan Collins touts funds for Maine, Senate seniority : NPR

    May 21, 2026
    US Politics

    Some Republicans expected to oppose $1B request for Secret Service and ballroom

    May 21, 2026
    US Politics

    Chuck Todd on what the tensions between Trump and his party means for his agenda

    May 21, 2026
    US Politics

    Spencer Pratt uses AI slop and edgy humor in LA mayor’s race : NPR

    May 21, 2026
    US Politics

    U.S. mayors join Europeans to fight authoritarianism : NPR

    May 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Telus texting some customers a free extra 50GB of data

    News DeskMay 21, 20260

    Yes, you read that right. Telus is texting select customers 50GB of free data. If…

    How Should The Astros Handle Their Infield This Summer?

    May 21, 2026

    Jimmy Kimmel Calls For CBS Boycott Over Colbert Firing

    May 21, 2026

    Birthday Post For ‘Scandal’ Bae Tony Goldwyn

    May 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Hyein Hits Eighteen As NewJeans’ Youngest Member Enters Adulthood

    April 21, 2026

    LaToya Jackson Reacts to ‘Michael’ Amid Bad Reviews

    April 21, 2026

    The Boroughs Review

    May 21, 2026

    CBGB Festival returns with 2026 lineup

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Telus texting some customers a free extra 50GB of data

    May 21, 2026

    How Should The Astros Handle Their Infield This Summer?

    May 21, 2026

    Jimmy Kimmel Calls For CBS Boycott Over Colbert Firing

    May 21, 2026

    Birthday Post For ‘Scandal’ Bae Tony Goldwyn

    May 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Telus texting some customers a free extra 50GB of data

    May 21, 2026

    How Should The Astros Handle Their Infield This Summer?

    May 21, 2026

    Jimmy Kimmel Calls For CBS Boycott Over Colbert Firing

    May 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.