Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Cadillac brings F1-inspired popup to Montreal’s Fairmont Queen Elizabeth

    May 21, 2026

    Robby Snelling To Undergo Tommy John Surgery

    May 21, 2026

    Mexico City airport (AICM) races to finish World Cup renovation

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Sports»US Sports»Harry Maguire and Phil Foden left out of England’s World Cup squad
    US Sports

    Harry Maguire and Phil Foden left out of England’s World Cup squad

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Harry Maguire and Phil Foden left out of England's World Cup squad
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Manchester United defender Harry Maguire has claimed he has been omitted from Thomas Tuchel’s England squad for this summer’s World Cup.

    According to TalkSPORT, the 33-year-old centre-back has been left “gutted and shocked” by the decision despite an impressive season at Old Trafford.

    Maguire has played a key role under interim manager Michael Carrick, helping United climb to third place in the Premier League and secure Champions League qualification for the first time since 2023.

    United have lost only twice in the league since January, with Maguire becoming one of the most consistent figures in the side’s defence.

    Manchester City’s Phil Foden is also expected to be snubbed, with Noni Madueke likely to get the nod over the forward.

    Maguire Reacts to England Snub

    The former Leicester captain had been involved during England’s March international fixtures and featured at both of the previous World Cups.

    However, he now appears set to miss out on the 2026 tournament.

    “I was confident I could have played a major part this summer for my country after the season I’ve had,” Maguire reportedly told TalkSPORT.

    “I’ve been left shocked and gutted by the decision. I wish the players all the best.”

    England will head to the World Cup aiming to win their first major trophy since 1966, with Tuchel’s side drawn in Group L alongside Croatia, Panama and Ghana.

    Tuchel Explains Centre-Back Choices

    Tuchel previously hinted that Maguire had slipped down the pecking order among England’s central defenders.

    “I see Ezri Konsa ahead, I see Marc Guehi ahead. It’s no secret,” Tuchel said during a recent press conference.

    “I’m shocked & gutted. I was confident I could’ve played a massive part.”

    Harry Maguire has commented exclusively to talkSPORT on his England World Cup squad exclusion. pic.twitter.com/xR7H3uEAeQ

    — talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) May 21, 2026

    “I see Trevoh Chalobah on the level of mobility was slightly ahead of him. Also John Stones, but he had injuries, so he needed to come to camp.”

    Foden also set to be snubbed

    At the heights of England’s Euro 2024 run, many fans would have laughed at the idea of Foden being left out of the World Cup squad two years later.

    But the BBC reports that the 25-year-old will not get the call-up from Tuchel, after playing a bit-part role for City this season.

    Pep Guardiola’s side fell short of the Premier League title, and Foden was sporadically used from the bench as City fell short.

    Instead, it appears that Arsenal winger Noni Madueke could get the call instead, just days after winning the title in North London.

    Mainoo Set for England Call-Up

    While Maguire and Foden are reportedly set to miss out, there is better news for Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo.

    Reports claim the young midfielder has earned a place in Tuchel’s World Cup squad after impressing during the second half of the season under Carrick.

    Mainoo’s inclusion could reportedly come at the expense of Crystal Palace midfielder Adam Wharton, who had also been strongly linked with a call-up.



    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    Robby Snelling To Undergo Tommy John Surgery

    May 21, 2026
    US Sports

    Mane gives Al-Nassr lead in title-decider

    May 21, 2026
    US Sports

    Southampton boss ‘authorised’ spying on EFL clubs

    May 21, 2026
    US Sports

    Fans erupt as GT trio Shubman Gill, Sai Sudharsan and Jos Buttler knock CSK out of IPL 2026

    May 21, 2026
    US Sports

    Astros Outright Cody Bolton – MLB Trade Rumors

    May 21, 2026
    US Sports

    Marlins Acquire Rece Hinds – MLB Trade Rumors

    May 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Cadillac brings F1-inspired popup to Montreal’s Fairmont Queen Elizabeth

    News DeskMay 21, 20260

    Canada’s F1 weekend is almost here, and Cadillac (conveniently the newest F1 team) is bringing…

    Robby Snelling To Undergo Tommy John Surgery

    May 21, 2026

    Mexico City airport (AICM) races to finish World Cup renovation

    May 21, 2026

    Don’t ‘Overlook Anything’ With Exit 8 Home Release Details

    May 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Government introduces bill to support space launches from Canadian territory

    April 21, 2026

    KJ Dillard Calls Out West Wilson, Didn’t Message To All Of Cast

    April 21, 2026

    Anthony Pompliano Challenges Political Narratives Around Gas Price Control

    April 21, 2026

    Kanye West Takes A Jewish Detour Amid Career Setbacks

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Cadillac brings F1-inspired popup to Montreal’s Fairmont Queen Elizabeth

    May 21, 2026

    Robby Snelling To Undergo Tommy John Surgery

    May 21, 2026

    Mexico City airport (AICM) races to finish World Cup renovation

    May 21, 2026

    Don’t ‘Overlook Anything’ With Exit 8 Home Release Details

    May 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Cadillac brings F1-inspired popup to Montreal’s Fairmont Queen Elizabeth

    May 21, 2026

    Robby Snelling To Undergo Tommy John Surgery

    May 21, 2026

    Mexico City airport (AICM) races to finish World Cup renovation

    May 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.