Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    AUS vs BAN: Mitchell Starc surpasses Dale Steyn’s Test record during 2nd Test

    August 22, 2026

    MLB roundup: Jacob Misiorowski pitches Brewers past Chris Sale, Braves

    August 22, 2026

    El móvil para niños con geolocalización y botón SOS para encontrarlos rápidamente por menos de 100 euros

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Saturday, August 22
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Science & Technology»US Science & Tech»Trump Is Being Sued For Charging For Faster Access To Truth Social Posts
    US Science & Tech

    Trump Is Being Sued For Charging For Faster Access To Truth Social Posts

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 12, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Trump Is Being Sued For Charging For Faster Access To Truth Social Posts
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    A new lawsuit claims the Truth API violates the First and Fifth Amendments.



    Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images

    We may receive a commission on purchases made from links.

    The Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF) and The Intercept are suing President Donald Trump over Truth Social’s recently announced Truth API, which gives paying subscribers early access to the president’s posts.”Truth API uses familiar, industry-standard delivery methods to deliver Truth Social posts to our customers in milliseconds,” Trump Media said when announcing the feature last month. According to the lawsuit, the subscription violates the First and Fifth Amendments of the Constitution, which guarantee equal access to the president’s announcements and prohibit the government from imposing unreasonable conditions on the availability of government benefits.

    Engadget has asked the White House to comment on the lawsuit. We’ll update this article if we hear back.

    Besides claiming Truth API violates the Constitution, the lawsuit also says the Truth API harms both the FPF and The Intercept. The new subscription means both groups “face indefinitely delayed access to the president’s latest posts” and “permanent bars to the president’s archived posts” if they don’t pay. That’s why they’re asking the court to declare the Truth API unconstitutional and unlawful and to prevent Trump and the other defendants in the suit (White House executive assistant Natalie J. Harp and White House Deputy Chief of Staff Daniel Scavino) from exclusively posting government information on Truth Social.

    Trump Media and Technology Group announced the $100,000 per month Truth API in July 2026, declaring it “a meaningful, ongoing source of revenue for the company.” By the company’s logic, Trump’s habit of making announcements and policy decisions via Truth Social posts is valuable information for investors. The subscription also directly benefits Trump, according to the FPF. The president was a majority shareholder in Trump Media when it launched in 2021. When he was then reelected in 2024, control of his shares shifted to a trust that lists him as the sole beneficiary and his son Donald Trump Jr. as the sole trustee.

    The lawsuit claims the company and Trump are entangled in other ways. Trump is “generally obligated to make any social media post on Truth Social and may not make the same post on another social media site for six hours,” according to an agreement quoted in the filing. That makes the Truth API a further cash-in on what was already a questionable arrangement.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Science & Tech

    Apple Reportedly Cut More Than 200 Jobs Across Vision Pro And Siri Software Teams

    August 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Michael Polansky is training an AI model on skin that’s still alive

    August 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Japanese space tech startup Letara expands beyond satellite thrusters with $16M

    August 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Anthropic’s Opus 4.6 is a smut-machine

    August 21, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Nvidia partners with data center developer Cloverleaf

    August 21, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    How AI accounting startup Rillet raised $100M and became a unicorn in 48 hours

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    AUS vs BAN: Mitchell Starc surpasses Dale Steyn’s Test record during 2nd Test

    News DeskAugust 22, 20260

    Australia’s second Test against Bangladesh turned into a memorable outing for Mitchell Starc as the…

    MLB roundup: Jacob Misiorowski pitches Brewers past Chris Sale, Braves

    August 22, 2026

    El móvil para niños con geolocalización y botón SOS para encontrarlos rápidamente por menos de 100 euros

    August 22, 2026

    SoulCycle had a cult following. Then, one decision changed everything

    August 22, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Travel Leaders Network: Listening, evaluating and helping members meet their needs

    August 7, 2026

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026

    ‘The Bachelorette’ Star’s Wife Slammed Mocking Severe Disorder

    August 9, 2026

    Timothée Chalamet Absent From Kylie Jenner’s Birthday Bash

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    AUS vs BAN: Mitchell Starc surpasses Dale Steyn’s Test record during 2nd Test

    August 22, 2026

    MLB roundup: Jacob Misiorowski pitches Brewers past Chris Sale, Braves

    August 22, 2026

    El móvil para niños con geolocalización y botón SOS para encontrarlos rápidamente por menos de 100 euros

    August 22, 2026

    SoulCycle had a cult following. Then, one decision changed everything

    August 22, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    AUS vs BAN: Mitchell Starc surpasses Dale Steyn’s Test record during 2nd Test

    August 22, 2026

    MLB roundup: Jacob Misiorowski pitches Brewers past Chris Sale, Braves

    August 22, 2026

    El móvil para niños con geolocalización y botón SOS para encontrarlos rápidamente por menos de 100 euros

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.