Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Blue Jays Re-Sign Eloy Jimenez To Minor League Deal

    May 22, 2026

    What Jennifer Aniston’s Letter Reveals – Hollywood Life

    May 22, 2026

    David Beckham’s Verizon Partnership Promises Ticket Access with 21 Days to Kickoff

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Science & Technology»US Science & Tech»Apple says Epic lawsuit shouldn’t reshape App Store rules for all developers
    US Science & Tech

    Apple says Epic lawsuit shouldn’t reshape App Store rules for all developers

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Apple says Epic lawsuit shouldn’t reshape App Store rules for all developers
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    In Apple’s seemingly never-ending lawsuit with Fortnite maker Epic Games over App Store commissions, the iPhone maker is once again fighting a court’s ruling. Its latest tactic? Saying that Epic Games’ beef with Apple over its fee structure shouldn’t lead to an injunction that applies to all developers that publish on the U.S. App Store, including other tech giants like Microsoft and Spotify, which weren’t a part of this particular litigation.

    “Epic never brought a class action and never attempted to show that enjoining Apple’s conduct against all other developers — like Microsoft or Spotify, who have nothing to do with Epic — was somehow necessary to provide relief to Epic,” reads Apple’s new petition, which asks the U.S. Supreme Court to review the lower court ruling.

    In the same document, Apple also argues against the Ninth Circuit’s civil contempt order over Apple’s compliance with the injunction. The court had ruled that Apple must give developers the right to include links in their apps — links that could direct users to alternative payment options outside of Apple’s own system — if they chose to do so. Apple did permit this as required, but charged fees on those outside purchases, leading to the contempt order.

    The Ninth Circuit said that charging fees of 27% on external payments defeated the purpose of allowing them — which, well, it did. But Apple is pushing back on specific legal grounds. Its new argument focuses on whether a federal court can hold a party in civil contempt for violating the “spirit” of an injunction when the injunction itself was written in a way that left room for interpretation and said nothing about commissions (i.e., it didn’t specifically prohibit fees on external purchases, so technically, Apple believes it did nothing wrong).

    Apple has seemingly infinite money to fund its legal battles. The company has been fighting Epic’s original 2020 lawsuit for over five years now with no end in sight.

    Epic Games criticized Apple’s latest move as “one last Hail Mary to delay a conclusion to this case and avoid opening up the gates to payment competition for the benefit of consumers.”

    Earlier this month, the Supreme Court rejected Apple’s request to pause additional proceedings until the court could determine whether the sanctions were justified.

    This week, Epic Games announced that Fortnite was back in the App Store globally (save for Australia), because it believes the court is on its side and will not allow Apple’s fee structure to stand as is.

    When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. This doesn’t affect our editorial independence.

    Apple Court Epic Games Lawsuit
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Science & Tech

    NASA Is Opening Up Bids For Who Will Run The Jet Propulsion Laboratory

    May 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Kash Patel’s clothing brand website shut down after reports it was hacked

    May 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Trump Mobile Has Exposed Customers’ Personal Data, Including Home Addresses And Phone Numbers

    May 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Trump Mobile confirms it exposed customers’ personal data, including phone numbers and home addresses

    May 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    The Mandalorian And Grogu Is A Lazy Attempt At Bringing TV To The Big Screen

    May 22, 2026
    US Science & Tech

    Battle Of The Telephoto Smartphones

    May 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Blue Jays Re-Sign Eloy Jimenez To Minor League Deal

    News DeskMay 22, 20260

    The Blue Jays and designated hitter Eloy Jimenez have reached an agreement on a new…

    What Jennifer Aniston’s Letter Reveals – Hollywood Life

    May 22, 2026

    David Beckham’s Verizon Partnership Promises Ticket Access with 21 Days to Kickoff

    May 22, 2026

    ‘RHOBH’ Vet Out For Season 16, Replaced By Lori Loughlin?

    May 22, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Blue Jays Re-Sign Eloy Jimenez To Minor League Deal

    May 22, 2026

    How To Buy Pi00a Pizza

    April 22, 2026

    Kim Kardashian And Lewis Hamilton Spotted Together On Malibu Beach

    April 22, 2026

    Jamie-Lynn Sigler Talks Hiding MS Diagnosis For 14 Years

    April 22, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Blue Jays Re-Sign Eloy Jimenez To Minor League Deal

    May 22, 2026

    What Jennifer Aniston’s Letter Reveals – Hollywood Life

    May 22, 2026

    David Beckham’s Verizon Partnership Promises Ticket Access with 21 Days to Kickoff

    May 22, 2026

    ‘RHOBH’ Vet Out For Season 16, Replaced By Lori Loughlin?

    May 22, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Blue Jays Re-Sign Eloy Jimenez To Minor League Deal

    May 22, 2026

    What Jennifer Aniston’s Letter Reveals – Hollywood Life

    May 22, 2026

    David Beckham’s Verizon Partnership Promises Ticket Access with 21 Days to Kickoff

    May 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.