Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Alesha Dixon Steps Into The Vibe Room Alongside Griminal For A Joint Sit-Down

    May 18, 2026

    Snarls get louder without losing heart

    May 18, 2026

    NYC Health and Hospitals says hackers stole medical data and fingerprints during breach affecting at least 1.8 million people

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Top Countries»Canada»Bodies of 4 Italian divers found in Maldives sea cave, foreign ministry says – National
    Canada

    Bodies of 4 Italian divers found in Maldives sea cave, foreign ministry says – National

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 18, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Bodies of 4 Italian divers found in Maldives sea cave, foreign ministry says - National
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Italy’s Foreign Ministry said Monday that rescuers have located the bodies of four Italian divers deep inside an underwater cave in an atoll in the Maldives, four days after they were reported missing.

    Searches had resumed on Monday after being suspended following the death of a local military diver during a perilous mission to try to reach them.

    The government of the Indian Ocean island nation confirmed the bodies were spotted in the innermost part of the cave by three Finnish diving experts, supported by the Maldives police and the military.

    “As was previously thought, the four bodies were found inside the cave, not only inside the cave but well inside the cave into the third segment of the cave, which is the largest part,” said Ahmed Shaam, a Maldives government spokesman.

    He said the four were found “pretty much together.”

    Story continues below advertisement

    “The plan is they will try and recover two bodies tomorrow and possibly the other two the following day,” Shaam said in a voice clip sent to the media.


    Click to play video: 'B.C. diver makes astonishing discovery of ancient glass sponges'

    2:02
    B.C. diver makes astonishing discovery of ancient glass sponges


    The Divers’ Alert Network Europe, which deployed the three Finnish divers, said on its website that they are technical and cave divers with international experience in search and recovery missions, including operations in “deep overhead environments, confined spaces, and high-risk scenarios.”


    Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox as it happens so you won't miss a trending story.

    Get breaking National news

    Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox as it happens so you won’t miss a trending story.

    The team used advanced technical systems, including closed-circuit rebreathers, a system that recycles exhaled breathing gas and removes carbon dioxide through a chemical scrubber, allowing for “significantly longer dives,” the organization explained.

    The body of a fifth Italian — a diving instructor — was found earlier outside the cave. The five were exploring a cave at a depth of about 50 meters (160 feet) in Vaavu Atoll on Thursday, according to Italy’s Foreign Ministry. The recreational diving limit in the Maldives is 30 meters (98 feet).

    Story continues below advertisement

    Three Finnish divers, experts in deep and cave diving arrived in the Maldives on Sunday.

    Maldives presidential spokesperson Mohamed Hussain Shareef said earlier that the search was suspended after Mohamed Mahudhee, a member of the Maldivian National Defense Force, died of underwater decompression sickness after being transferred to a hospital in the capital on Saturday.

    Rough weather has repeatedly hampered rescue efforts.

    Initial teams had already dived to identify and mark the entrance to the cave system where the Italians disappeared. The cause of the deaths remains under investigation.

    &copy 2026 The Canadian Press

    diving diving accident Maldives Missing diver World
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    Canada

    3 off-duty Toronto police officers charged in Spain

    May 18, 2026
    Canada

    The Curator: 15 best gifts for every type of graduate – National

    May 18, 2026
    Canada

    Canadian Shai Gilgeous-Alexander becomes 14th player to win back-to-back NBA MVPs

    May 18, 2026
    Canada

    May 23 – Kozak Financial Group

    May 18, 2026
    Canada

    Lewvan-Dewdney intersection gets green light for safety improvements – Regina

    May 17, 2026
    Canada

    Highlighting Cosmo Industries during Disability Service Professionals Week

    May 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Alesha Dixon Steps Into The Vibe Room Alongside Griminal For A Joint Sit-Down

    News DeskMay 18, 20260

    Alesha Dixon and Griminal walked into the Vibe Room together this week. The UK did…

    Snarls get louder without losing heart

    May 18, 2026

    NYC Health and Hospitals says hackers stole medical data and fingerprints during breach affecting at least 1.8 million people

    May 18, 2026

    Pamela Anderson’s Priority Is ‘Love’ Amid Tom Cruise Interest

    May 18, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Orioles contact-less lineup tries for better results vs. Guardians

    April 19, 2026

    Las insolvencias empresariales de Europa Central y Oriental podrían crecer este año

    May 18, 2026

    Kristen Bell Teases New Project With Mysterious Nightstand Emoji Clue

    April 18, 2026

    Tory Lanez Sues California Prison For $100M After 2025 Attack

    April 18, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Alesha Dixon Steps Into The Vibe Room Alongside Griminal For A Joint Sit-Down

    May 18, 2026

    Snarls get louder without losing heart

    May 18, 2026

    NYC Health and Hospitals says hackers stole medical data and fingerprints during breach affecting at least 1.8 million people

    May 18, 2026

    Pamela Anderson’s Priority Is ‘Love’ Amid Tom Cruise Interest

    May 18, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Alesha Dixon Steps Into The Vibe Room Alongside Griminal For A Joint Sit-Down

    May 18, 2026

    Snarls get louder without losing heart

    May 18, 2026

    NYC Health and Hospitals says hackers stole medical data and fingerprints during breach affecting at least 1.8 million people

    May 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.