Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    N.S. fishers plan appeal after court dismisses lobster treaty rights case

    August 21, 2026

    CBS Anchor Reveals Shocking Exit, Says Emotional Goodbye

    August 21, 2026

    Localizan en Francia una película de Paco Rabal desaparecida durante décadas en España

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»US Entertainment»Carter Hart Has Suspension Upheld for Sexual Assault Charges
    US Entertainment

    Carter Hart Has Suspension Upheld for Sexual Assault Charges

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 13, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Carter Hart Has Suspension Upheld for Sexual Assault Charges
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Hockey Canada announced continued suspensions for four players accused of sexual assault in 2018, including Vegas Golden Knights goalie Carter Hart. 

    Hart, 28, helped lead the Golden Knights to the 2026 Stanley Cup Finals earlier this year, before ultimately falling to the Carolina Hurricanes in six games. 

    Hart and four other players from Team Canada’s 2018 World Juniors team – Alex Formenton, Cal Foote, Dillon Dubé and Michael McLeod – were all found not guilty on all charges in July 2025, after a woman accused the players of sexually assaulting her in a London, Ontario hotel room in 2018. 

    An independent appeal board continued the suspensions of four of the five players for breaching Hockey Canada’s “code of conduct,” it was announced on Wednesday, August 12. 

    Formenton, 26, was reinstated immediately, while the other four players have continued suspensions of varying lengths. Hart is suspended until November 2027. 

    The board did not explain why Formenton was reinstated or why the suspension lengths are all different. 

    Hart and the other four players are not eligible “to participate in any Hockey Canada-sanctioned program,” though it does not impact their ability to play in the NHL. 

    As for the Golden Knights, they used Wednesday to wish Hart a “happy birthday” on social media. 

    In September 2025, the NHL announced all five players would be eligible to return to the league that December.

    “The allegations made in this case, even if not determined to have been criminal, were very disturbing, and the behavior at issue was unacceptable,” the NHL said in a July 2025 statement. 

    The league said the alleged conduct of the players “falls woefully short of the standards and values that the league and its member clubs expect and demand.”

    “Each of the players, based on in-person meetings with the league following the verdicts, expressed regret and remorse for his actions,” the statement added. 

    Hart signed a two-year, $4 million contract with the Golden Knights in October 2025. 

    After signing the deal, Hart told reporters he was ready “to show the community my true character and who I am and what I’m about.”

    “It’s been a long road to get back to this point, getting back to playing the game of hockey, the game that I love,” he continued. “I’ve been out of the game for a year and a half now. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve grown a lot. Just excited to move forward.”


    Thank You!

    You have successfully subscribed.

    When he met with the media during the Cup Finals in June, Hart was asked how he’s matured in the aftermath of the allegations and subsequent trial. 

    “I’ve been able to meet a lot of good people in the community,” Hart said. “I think the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation has done a really good job of making it easy for me to integrate into the community and meet a lot of cool people. Just really fortunate to be here in Vegas. It’s a great culture of people. Like I said, I’ve met a lot of cool people and just very fortunate to be here in Las Vegas and with this group.”

    Hart’s media session was abruptly stopped after his answer. 

    celebrity news Celebrity Scandals entertainment sports
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    Canada

    Neutrogena responds after handling of Hayden Panettiere deal draws scrutiny – National

    August 21, 2026
    US Entertainment

    Code of Silence: Season Two Casting Revealed as Production Begins on BritBox Series – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    August 21, 2026
    US Entertainment

    Legends: Charlie Hunnam Series to Reunite Sons of Anarchy Cast on FX – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    August 21, 2026
    US Entertainment

    Sterling Point: Season Two Renewal Announced for Prime Video Drama Series – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    August 21, 2026
    US Entertainment

    Get Nicole Kidman’s ‘Practical Magic 2’ Cardigan Look for Under $50

    August 21, 2026
    US Entertainment

    What can we learn from cinema’s Little Odysseys?

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    N.S. fishers plan appeal after court dismisses lobster treaty rights case

    News DeskAugust 21, 20260

    SAULNIERVILLE — A group representing commercial fishers in Nova Scotia says it plans to appeal…

    CBS Anchor Reveals Shocking Exit, Says Emotional Goodbye

    August 21, 2026

    Localizan en Francia una película de Paco Rabal desaparecida durante décadas en España

    August 21, 2026

    Neutrogena responds after handling of Hayden Panettiere deal draws scrutiny – National

    August 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    GNC has closed hundreds of stores in the last 3 years: See a list of locations that have lost the most

    August 21, 2026

    Travel Leaders Network: Listening, evaluating and helping members meet their needs

    August 7, 2026

    Guest post by Lorne Fitch: 20 reasons Albertans should be concerned about conservation

    August 7, 2026

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    N.S. fishers plan appeal after court dismisses lobster treaty rights case

    August 21, 2026

    CBS Anchor Reveals Shocking Exit, Says Emotional Goodbye

    August 21, 2026

    Localizan en Francia una película de Paco Rabal desaparecida durante décadas en España

    August 21, 2026

    Neutrogena responds after handling of Hayden Panettiere deal draws scrutiny – National

    August 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    N.S. fishers plan appeal after court dismisses lobster treaty rights case

    August 21, 2026

    CBS Anchor Reveals Shocking Exit, Says Emotional Goodbye

    August 21, 2026

    Localizan en Francia una película de Paco Rabal desaparecida durante décadas en España

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.