Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Line-ups confirmed for Championship play-off final

    May 23, 2026

    Four uncapped players headline Ireland’s squad for the one-off Test against New Zealand

    May 23, 2026

    The Opener: Henderson, Williams, Rays

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»CA Entertainment»Cate Blanchett Says Hollywood Killed #MeToo
    CA Entertainment

    Cate Blanchett Says Hollywood Killed #MeToo

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 19, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Cate Blanchett Says Hollywood Killed #MeToo
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Cate Blanchett has decried the impact of the #MeToo movement, suggesting it “got killed very quickly” by an industry eager to return to the status quo.

    The actress’s remarks come after she came under fire online for her comments about Palestine, where she initially said it was a “sad state of affairs” that film festivals have suddenly become the place where people want to talk about conflicts, wars, and genocides happening around the world.

    Blanchett has sparked renewed interest in the #MeToo movement after lamenting how quickly its impact appeared to fade.

    During a recent appearance at Cannes Film Festival, the “Ocean’s 8” actress spoke with moderator Didier Allouch and reflected on how the movement “got killed very quickly” in Hollywood.

    “There are a lot of people with platforms who are able to speak up with relative safety and say this has happened to me, and the so-called average woman on the street is saying #MeToo. Why does that get shut down?” Blanchett asked, per Variety.

    She continued, “What [the movement] revealed is a systemic layer of abuse, not only in this industry but in all industries, and if you don’t identify a problem, you can’t solve the problem.”

    Blanchett Previously Marched For #MeToo

    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    The #MeToo movement gained viral momentum on social media in 2017 following multiple sexual abuse allegations against film producer Harvey Weinstein.

    At the time, several people came forward with claims of workplace sexual abuse and harassment by powerful figures, while demanding accountability from industry leaders and executives.

    According to Time magazine, the #MeToo movement resulted in the ousting, resignation, or firing of more than 400 high-profile executives and corporate leaders across various industries. Some of the most prominent figures who faced professional fallout or investigations included Bill Cosby, former Intel CEO Brian Krzanich, and Weinstein himself.

    Cate Blanchett Calls Out Hollywood Gender Gap

    Weighing in on the campaign’s limited impact on the industry, the two-time Oscar winner lamented that a major disparity still exists between the number of men and women working in Hollywood.

    “I’m still on film sets, and I do the headcount every day, and it is still, you know… there’s ten women, and there’s 75 men every morning,” Blanchett said.

    “I love men, but what happens is the jokes become the same,” she continued. “You just have to brace yourself slightly, and I’m used to that, but it just gets boring for everybody when you walk into a homogeneous workplace. I think it has an effect on the work.”

    Blanchett Led 82 Women In Cannes Protest

    Cate Blanchett at The Olivier Awards 2026 with Cunard
    JWP/Maga / MEGA

    At the 2018 march, the “Lord of the Rings” actress was one of 82 women who protested the glaring divide between men and women in Hollywood.

    At the time, Blanchett explained that the number represented the 82 female directors who had competed at Cannes since the festival’s inception, compared to 1,866 male directors over the same period.

    “Women are not a minority in the world, yet the current state of the industry says otherwise,” Blanchett said at the time. “As women, we all face our own unique challenges, but we stand together on these stairs today as a symbol of our determination and commitment to progress.”

    Cate Blanchett Faces Backlash Over Palestine Comments

    Cate Blancett at the Festival International Du Film De Venice
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Social media users immediately took to the comment section to slam Blanchett over her remarks.

    “I guess it’s unsurprising that people whose lives are all about playing make-believe are disproportionately susceptible to believing make-believe stories like the Gaza ‘genocide’ hoax,” one X user wrote.

    Someone else penned, “She’s trying to sound smart but is stupid. She wishes organizations were more ‘opaque and honest.’ Opaque is the opposite of transparent. She doesn’t know the meaning of words. She should look opaque and genocide up in a dictionary.”

    “Film festivals are the only place to talk about global conflicts? How out of touch are celebrities, honestly?” a third user said.

    Another critic noted, “Which is precisely why actors like Cate and her fans bring it up so often at film festivals, where there is no expectation of any follow-up action but applause on camera.”

    #metoo Cate Blanchett
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Entertainment

    Lisa, Anitta, And Rema Drop ‘Goals’ Ahead of FIFA World Cup Opening Ceremony

    May 23, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Skai Jackson Refuses To Lend Money To Loved Ones

    May 23, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Ryan Reynolds Credits ‘Welcome To Wrexham’ Success To Listening Over Leading

    May 23, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    SOUND FIST: JOSH FAWAZ – SEXUAL HEALING

    May 23, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Simone Biles Dresses Up and Celebrates the Friends She Loves Most

    May 23, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Barack Obama Calls Stephen Colbert a Friend After a Decade of Late-Night

    May 23, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Line-ups confirmed for Championship play-off final

    News DeskMay 23, 20260

    Hull face Middlesbrough in the controversial Championship play-off this afternoon, with the final spot in…

    Four uncapped players headline Ireland’s squad for the one-off Test against New Zealand

    May 23, 2026

    The Opener: Henderson, Williams, Rays

    May 23, 2026

    Anthropic Says Mythos Has Already Found More Than 10,000 Vulnerabilities

    May 23, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Why Quality Shareback is the Missing Fuel for the Healthcare Interoperability Engine

    April 23, 2026

    The first StrictlyVC of 2026 kicks off in a week in San Francisco

    April 23, 2026

    Monday TV Ratings: Sullivan’s Crossing, The 1% Club, DMV, American Idol, 2026 NBA Playoffs – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    April 23, 2026

    How Did the Late Teenager Die? – Hollywood Life

    April 23, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Line-ups confirmed for Championship play-off final

    May 23, 2026

    Four uncapped players headline Ireland’s squad for the one-off Test against New Zealand

    May 23, 2026

    The Opener: Henderson, Williams, Rays

    May 23, 2026

    Anthropic Says Mythos Has Already Found More Than 10,000 Vulnerabilities

    May 23, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Line-ups confirmed for Championship play-off final

    May 23, 2026

    Four uncapped players headline Ireland’s squad for the one-off Test against New Zealand

    May 23, 2026

    The Opener: Henderson, Williams, Rays

    May 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.