Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Rishabh Pant shares heartfelt post for Galle groundsmen after India’s win over Sri Lanka in 1st Test

    August 21, 2026

    Sánchez has one year until Spain’s election deadline. The odds are against him. – POLITICO

    August 21, 2026

    Diamondbacks To Transfer Ketel Marte To Injured List

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»CA Entertainment»David Krumholtz Was ‘Fed Up’ Before Taking Acting Break
    CA Entertainment

    David Krumholtz Was ‘Fed Up’ Before Taking Acting Break

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 19, 2026No Comments6 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    David Krumholtz Was 'Fed Up' Before Taking Acting Break
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    David Krumholtz has reached a point where stepping away from Hollywood feels less frightening than staying in a career that no longer gives him what it once did. 

    The actor, whose credits include “Oppenheimer” and “The Santa Clause” franchise, unexpectedly revealed that he has put his acting career on hold. 

    After years of worrying about what leaving the industry could mean financially, Krumholtz said the decision instead brought an unexpected sense of relief.

    For David Krumholtz, the decision to step back from acting appears to have been building for years rather than happening overnight. 

    In a now-deleted Threads post, the actor revealed that he had “kinda sorta put [his] acting career on hold the other day,” describing himself as frustrated with where his professional life had taken him.

    Krumholtz admitted that the thought of leaving Hollywood had previously terrified him. He worried about going broke and not being able to cope with being outside the industry, making the prospect of walking away feel almost impossible. 

    Yet once he finally sent what he described as the “definitive email,” something unexpected happened. Per the Daily Mail, Krumholtz said a “A huge wave of relief washed over” him.

    The actor acknowledged that he did not know what would come next financially, but the uncertainty had not erased the relief he felt after removing what he described as a “humongous burden.” His final description of his state of mind was blunt. “Frustrated, fed up, fried,” he shared.

    Krumholtz Says The Problem Is Hollywood, Not Acting

    3
    C Flanigan/imageSPACE / MEGA

    The most revealing part of David Krumholtz’s decision was that he had not fallen out of love with acting itself. Instead, he had grown increasingly disenchanted with the business surrounding it.

    Following the announcement, Krumholtz received an unexpectedly strong wave of support from followers and subsequently clarified what had driven his decision. 

    He explained that the “love and encouragement” he received online was “overwhelmingly surprising,” while making an important distinction between performing and pursuing acting professionally.

    “Acting professionally is a very different concept than the exercise of acting itself,” Krumholtz said.

    He still enjoyed the creative process and the connection that comes with performing. “I’ve enjoyed every single minute of exercising the muscle. I’ve enjoyed the fanfare,” he explained. The issue is that the competitive side of the profession no longer held the same appeal.

    “There was a time when being competitive and self-involved really served my pursuit. That time has passed. Much to MY overwhelming surprise. There will always be great joy in the exercise. But for me, the profession has lost its gleam,” the actor explained.

    David Krumholtz Is Not Calling Acting Over For Good

    David Krumholtz at New York Film Festival Premiere Of Deliver Me From Nowhere In NYC3
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Although the announcement initially sounded like a retirement, Krumholtz was careful to explain that he is not abandoning acting entirely. 

    His decision is better described as an indefinite pause while he reassesses what he wants from his career and his life.

    That distinction became particularly clear when actor Geoffrey Blake responded to the news by telling Krumholtz he was “too good to quit” the business. Rather than dismissing the sentiment, Krumholtz clarified that he was not walking away forever.

    He told Blake that he was “not quitting entirely” and was instead “taking a bit of a step back and an indefinite break.” 

    The actor also acknowledged that the immediate pressure surrounding his career had prompted him to question whether another direction could be more fulfilling.

    “The stress of the moment has me wondering if there’s a higher calling to pursue. Thanks for the very kind thought. Means the world,” he shared.

    Krumholtz’s ‘Supergirl’ Role Gets New Attention As The Movie Heads Home

    SUPERGIRL deserved better 💙

    Milly Alcock gave such a heartfelt, emotional performance, and David Krumholtz was incredible as Zor-El. Their scenes together are some of the most moving moments I’ve seen in a superhero film. pic.twitter.com/eIAtGa7HJm

    — GothamChief 🦇 (@GothamChief) August 5, 2026

    David Krumholtz may be taking an indefinite break from the acting profession, but audiences are not losing sight of him just yet. 

    His role as Zor-El in “Supergirl” is giving viewers another chance to see the actor onscreen at a moment when he is deliberately reconsidering his relationship with Hollywood.

    The film became available digitally in late July, giving audiences another opportunity to see Krumholtz as the father of Kara Zor-El, played by Milly Alcock. 

    Directed by Craig Gillespie from a screenplay by Ana Nogueira, the movie follows Kara as an unexpected threat propels her into an interstellar journey of revenge, justice, and an unlikely companion. 

    Krumholtz appears alongside Alcock, Matthias Schoenaerts, Eve Ridley, Emily Beecham, David Corenswet and Jason Momoa, giving the actor a role within one of DC Studios’ major new franchise launches. 

    The movie arrived digitally on July 28 after opening in theaters in North America on June 26, with international releases beginning on June 24. 

    The home release also brings the film’s commercial performance into the conversation: “Supergirl” grossed $124.4 million worldwide against a reported $170 million budget. 

    Physical editions, including Blu-ray, 4K UHD and DVD, are scheduled for September 8, with more than 90 minutes of bonus content. 

    ‘The Santa Clause’ Star David Krumholtz Reveals How Much He Makes From Disney Residuals

    David Krumholtz at New York Premiere Of 'Lorne'3
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Krumholtz’s experience with “The Santa Clause” franchise offers a surprising reminder that appearing in a beloved Disney movie does not necessarily mean collecting enormous checks years later. 

    In June, the actor, who played Bernard the Head Elf, opened up about how little he received in residuals from the films, despite their enduring popularity. 

    Speaking to Page Six, Krumholtz explained that his “The Santa Clause” residuals had become surprisingly small because the movies continued to air so frequently. 

    “They’re minimal because the movie plays so much,” he said. “This is how residuals work: every time it plays, you make less. It’s a grade scale.” 

    While his initial residual checks were considerably better, Krumholtz estimated that he now made roughly “$150 bucks a year” from the franchise. 

    Krumholtz also revealed that “Oppenheimer” paid him more in residuals. When asked about those earnings, he joked, “That’s none of your business! What kind of question is that?” before revealing, “It’s $12.73. It’s enough to buy a hot dog in New York.”



    David Krumholtz Hollywood
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Entertainment

    LISA’s ‘Red Rock Therapy’ Caption Quietly Reframes What A-List Rest Looks Like

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Jen Affleck Makes Candid Confession About Marriage

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Janelle Brown Basks In The Euphoria Of Her New Romance

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Sheinelle Jones Makes Snarky Remark About ‘Today’ Co-Hosts

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Pete Davidson Makes Sudden Real Estate Pivot

    August 20, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Carole Radziwill Reconcile With Bethenny Frankel RHONY Return?

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Rishabh Pant shares heartfelt post for Galle groundsmen after India’s win over Sri Lanka in 1st Test

    News DeskAugust 21, 20260

    India began their two-match Test series against Sri Lanka on a winning note after completing…

    Sánchez has one year until Spain’s election deadline. The odds are against him. – POLITICO

    August 21, 2026

    Diamondbacks To Transfer Ketel Marte To Injured List

    August 21, 2026

    Winnipeg’s Braxton Kuntz 1 shot off the lead at Manitoba Open – Winnipeg

    August 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Tens of thousands of northwest Indiana residents endure a ninth day without power

    August 20, 2026

    Christiane Martel, the first French Miss Universe, tells her Mexican story | Culture

    August 9, 2026

    Travel Leaders Network: Listening, evaluating and helping members meet their needs

    August 7, 2026

    Guest post by Lorne Fitch: 20 reasons Albertans should be concerned about conservation

    August 7, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Rishabh Pant shares heartfelt post for Galle groundsmen after India’s win over Sri Lanka in 1st Test

    August 21, 2026

    Sánchez has one year until Spain’s election deadline. The odds are against him. – POLITICO

    August 21, 2026

    Diamondbacks To Transfer Ketel Marte To Injured List

    August 21, 2026

    Winnipeg’s Braxton Kuntz 1 shot off the lead at Manitoba Open – Winnipeg

    August 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Rishabh Pant shares heartfelt post for Galle groundsmen after India’s win over Sri Lanka in 1st Test

    August 21, 2026

    Sánchez has one year until Spain’s election deadline. The odds are against him. – POLITICO

    August 21, 2026

    Diamondbacks To Transfer Ketel Marte To Injured List

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.