Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Ridley Scott Gunning For Adolescence Star in “Treasure Island”

    August 21, 2026

    India’s spin coach opens up on Kuldeep Yadav’s place ahead of 2nd Test against Sri Lanka

    August 21, 2026

    World number one Sinner out of the US Open due to knee injury

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Politics & Opinion»ES Politics»Vox backs bid to kick Morocco out of Spain’s 2030 World Cup
    ES Politics

    Vox backs bid to kick Morocco out of Spain’s 2030 World Cup

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 10, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Vox backs bid to kick Morocco out of Spain’s 2030 World Cup
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    SPAIN’s far-right party Vox will back a bid to have Morocco removed as a co-host of the 2030 World Cup as tensions continue to escalate over the Ceuta migrant crisis.

    Both Vox and left-wing party Sumar tabled separate proposals last week calling on the Spanish government to review Morocco’s participation in the event, which is due to be jointly organised by Spain, Portugal and the North African country.

    Sources from Vox have now told Spanish newspaper El Pais that the hard-right group will support Sumar’s motion when it is voted on in parliament.

    The twin proposals, which mark an extremely rare bipartisan agreement in Spanish politics, come after around 72,000 migrants illegally crossed into the Spanish exclave of Ceuta from Morocco on July 30.

    READ MORE: Spain hits back at Italy with border checks on ALL flights and ferries as Ceuta row descends into tit-for-tat chaos

    The incident stirred unrest across Spain’s political spectrum, with dozens of politicians accusing Morocco of ‘using human lives for political purposes’ and ‘disregarding human rights’.

    In its motion to the Spanish government, filed on August 6, Vox wrote: “The extremely serious events in Ceuta on July 30 and 31 have completely shattered the trust and cooperation that any joint bid necessarily depends on.”

    “Morocco is not a loyal partner, either for organising a sporting event of this scale or for any other matter concerning relations between neighbouring countries,” it added.

    The sentiment appeared to echo that of Sumar’s motion, which was submitted one day earlier.

    Sumar, the main coalition partner of Sanchez’s socialist PSOE, said in its statement: “As long as such serious doubts remain over the political use of human lives, [Morocco should not be allowed to] gain the prestige, economic benefits and international legitimacy that come with hosting a World Cup.”

    The remarks are also similar to those of far-left Podemos secretary of organisation Pablo Fernandez, who said in a post on X: “Spain should not host the World Cup with a dictatorship like Morocco that does not respect human rights and is responsible for the deaths of more than 140 people in an operation against Spain.”

    He added the tournament should be hosted ‘with Portugal alone.’

    Sumar’s parliamentary motion, now set to be backed by both Vox and Podemos, is not a new law and is not legally binding.

    Rather, it is a call on the government to consider Morocco’s role as a co-host of the 2030 World Cup and, in turn, urge football bosses at Fifa to remove it as a co-host.

    The motion will be debated and put to a vote in parliament, with a simple majority of those voting needed for it to pass.

    Even if approved, it would not automatically result in Morocco’s removal – it would simply urge ministers to act.

    The final decision would have to be made by World Cup organiser Fifa, which already awarded the 2030 World Cup hosting rights to Morocco, Portugal and Spain in December 2024.

    According to The Times, Fifa president Gianni Infantino promised Morocco it would host the 2030 final in return for its support in the organisation’s presidential elections.

    READ MORE: PP opens door to Ceuta migrant minors arriving in Andalucia as coalition partner Vox blasts new arrivals as ‘invaders’

    Asked to comment on the allegation, Spain’s sports minister Milagros Tolon told broadcaster Cadena Ser: “We want the final to be held in Spain because we deserve it.”

    Morocco has already poured around €465 million into the construction of a new stadium near Casablanca.

    With a capacity of around 115,000, the Hassan II Stadium is set to become the world’s largest when it is completed in 2028.

    Last year, Infantino opened a new Fifa African office in Morocco’s capital Rabat.

    As he faced criticism over a series of corruption scandals last week, the president holed up in Rabat and summoned his key staff there for an emergency meeting on Wednesday.

    Infantino has also chosen Rabat as the venue for next year’s Fifa Congress, where he was hoping to be elected unopposed for a fourth term.

    Despite the Fifa boss’s growing ties with Morocco, a spokesperson denied claims the final would be held in Rabat, saying: “It is false and misleading to claim the FIFA president has made any promises in relation to hosting the World Cup 2030 final.

    “A decision will be made by FIFA in due course.”

    Click here to read more Politics News from The Olive Press.

    Casablanca FIFA Gianni Infantino hassan ii stadium Morocco news spain newspaper Podemos Portugal proposal remove morocco Rabat sumar The Olive Press Vox World Cup 2030
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    ES Politics

    Sánchez has one year until Spain’s election deadline. The odds are against him. – POLITICO

    August 21, 2026
    Spain

    PP y Vox eliminan a las víctimas de violencia de género del protocolo de acceso a alquiler social en Valladolid

    August 19, 2026
    ES Politics

    How could Reform’s EU benefits ban affect Brits in Spain?

    August 19, 2026
    ES Politics

    Brits in Spain face benefit threat under Reform UK plan

    August 18, 2026
    Spain

    El incendio de Hermisende, en Zamora, cerca de la frontera con Portugal y Ourense, mejora y permite el regreso de los vecinos

    August 15, 2026
    Spain

    Muere el ciclista Finlay Tarling a los 19 años tras ser atropellado en plena Vuelta a Portugal

    August 14, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Ridley Scott Gunning For Adolescence Star in “Treasure Island”

    News DeskAugust 21, 20260

    Filmmaker Ridley Scott has confirmed he’s trying to get Adolescence star Owen Cooper to play Jim…

    India’s spin coach opens up on Kuldeep Yadav’s place ahead of 2nd Test against Sri Lanka

    August 21, 2026

    World number one Sinner out of the US Open due to knee injury

    August 21, 2026

    New on Disney+ Canada: September 2026

    August 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Christiane Martel, the first French Miss Universe, tells her Mexican story | Culture

    August 9, 2026

    Ridley Scott Gunning For Adolescence Star in “Treasure Island”

    August 21, 2026

    Travel Leaders Network: Listening, evaluating and helping members meet their needs

    August 7, 2026

    Guest post by Lorne Fitch: 20 reasons Albertans should be concerned about conservation

    August 7, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Ridley Scott Gunning For Adolescence Star in “Treasure Island”

    August 21, 2026

    India’s spin coach opens up on Kuldeep Yadav’s place ahead of 2nd Test against Sri Lanka

    August 21, 2026

    World number one Sinner out of the US Open due to knee injury

    August 21, 2026

    New on Disney+ Canada: September 2026

    August 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Ridley Scott Gunning For Adolescence Star in “Treasure Island”

    August 21, 2026

    India’s spin coach opens up on Kuldeep Yadav’s place ahead of 2nd Test against Sri Lanka

    August 21, 2026

    World number one Sinner out of the US Open due to knee injury

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.