Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Latto Sends a Personal Shopper to brooklynikole’s Door for Her Birthday

    August 21, 2026

    La XXI edición del Congreso Nacional de Centros Especiales de Empleo tendrá lugar en septiembre

    August 21, 2026

    A Luxury Skincare Line, Made for Gen Z

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»US Entertainment»Why Julie Andrews Won’t Be in The Princess Diaries 3
    US Entertainment

    Why Julie Andrews Won’t Be in The Princess Diaries 3

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 12, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Why Julie Andrews Won’t Be in The Princess Diaries 3
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Julie Andrews has explained why she won’t be reprising her role as Queen Clarrisse Renaldi in the forthcoming Princess Diaries 3.

    “I think the story is slightly different, and I’m not quite sure how they’re dealing with that. But it’s too late for me to do it. I think the story has to continue in Princess Mia [played by Anne Hathaway]. It’s her story. It’s not really mine,” the Sound of Music star, 90, told Today.com in an article published on Tuesday, August 11.

    Andrews’ comments come after Hathaway, 43, recently shared an update on the film’s production two years after the instalment was officially greenlit. “I can say I think we had a story breakthrough,” Hathaway said during a July appearance on SiriusXM’s Radio Andy. “I think we are moving in the right direction. The script that we were working on — we kind of had to start over with this new direction, which is not the update I think anybody wants, but we all feel really good that this is going to be the one.”

    The Princess Diaries, released in August 2001, followed teenager Mia Thermopolis as she adapted to the life of a princess with help from her estranged grandmother, Queen Clarrisse, after learning of her royal blood. The subsequent Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, released in 2004, saw Mia as a then 21-year-old preparing to take over the throne from her grandmother.


    Related: Anne Hathaway Confirms ‘Princess Diaries 3′ Return: ‘The Fairy Tale Continues’

    UPDATE: 10/4/24 at 4:50 p.m. ET Hathaway revealed on Friday that she is officially on board to reprise her role as Mia Thermopolis in Princess Diaries 3. “Miracles happen ✨👑 Back to Genovia with @adeleblim @disney @somewherepictures,” the actress wrote via Instagram. “The fairy tale continues ❤️‍🔥.” Hathaway also shared a video with Mia saying, […]

    Andrews said in an interview with InStyle magazine, published on Monday, August 10, that she turned down the offer to pick up where the story left off. “I think I probably passed … I think I’m retired, really, would be about the best description for that,” Andrews told the outlet. “[The crew] asked me all last year if I would be keen to do it. It was very, very hard to say ‘no’ but I did because I thought I had a wonderful ride, and this one, I felt, would flourish very well and wouldn’t need Granny going in there at my age.”


    Thank You!

    You have successfully subscribed.

    Hathaway has publicly shared her fondness for Andrews in the past. In a 2022 interview with Entertainment Tonight, she said she was extremely keen to have Andrews be part of a third Princess Diaries chapter. “I would more than entertain it, I’m pulling for it,” the Odyssey star told the outlet at the time. “If there’s any way to get Julie Andrews involved, I think we would make it work. We would go to where she was and put a green screen behind her and just make it happen.”

    GettyImages-1470837197-julie-andrews


    Related: Julie Andrews, 90, Makes Rare Appearance at Event Combating Parkinson’s

    Julie Andrews made a rare public appearance in support of a good cause. The Sound of Music star, 90, greeted attendees at the World Parkinson’s Congress in Phoenix, Arizona, on Sunday, May 24, with a brief video message. “Good evening, everyone. I’m Julie Andrews, and I’m pleased to welcome you to the 7th World Parkinson’s […]

    Meg Cabot, who wrote the original Princess Diaries book series of which the film adaptations are based upon, teased in June that she had read the script for Princess Diaries 3 and liked it.

    “I read a script, and it was amazing. I told them not to send anymore, because I love it so much,” Cabot, 59, said during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “They don’t like it when you tell people what’s gonna happen yet. So I was like, ‘Better not send me any more scripts!’”

    entertainment entertainment news movies news
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    ENG vs PAK: AB de Villiers questions Pakistan’s pace attack following average show in Headingley Test

    August 21, 2026
    US Sports

    Matt Renshaw returns as Australia announce playing XI for second Test against Bangladesh

    August 21, 2026
    US Entertainment

    What can we learn from cinema’s Little Odysseys?

    August 21, 2026
    US Sports

    ENG vs PAK: Joe Root equals Sachin Tendulkar’s Test record during 1st Test

    August 21, 2026
    US Sports

    Sri Lanka update squad for 2nd Test against India following heavy defeat in Galle

    August 21, 2026
    US Sports

    WATCH: Wanindu Hasaranga takes stunning catch to dismiss Shadab Khan as Antigua and Barbuda Falcons beat St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in CPL 2026

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Latto Sends a Personal Shopper to brooklynikole’s Door for Her Birthday

    News DeskAugust 21, 20260

    Latto made sure brooklynikole’s birthday didn’t go unnoticed. The Atlanta rapper sent her personal shopper…

    La XXI edición del Congreso Nacional de Centros Especiales de Empleo tendrá lugar en septiembre

    August 21, 2026

    A Luxury Skincare Line, Made for Gen Z

    August 21, 2026

    Kata’ib Hezbollah not on Canada terrorist list

    August 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Christiane Martel, the first French Miss Universe, tells her Mexican story | Culture

    August 9, 2026

    Travel Leaders Network: Listening, evaluating and helping members meet their needs

    August 7, 2026

    Guest post by Lorne Fitch: 20 reasons Albertans should be concerned about conservation

    August 7, 2026

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Latto Sends a Personal Shopper to brooklynikole’s Door for Her Birthday

    August 21, 2026

    La XXI edición del Congreso Nacional de Centros Especiales de Empleo tendrá lugar en septiembre

    August 21, 2026

    A Luxury Skincare Line, Made for Gen Z

    August 21, 2026

    Kata’ib Hezbollah not on Canada terrorist list

    August 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Latto Sends a Personal Shopper to brooklynikole’s Door for Her Birthday

    August 21, 2026

    La XXI edición del Congreso Nacional de Centros Especiales de Empleo tendrá lugar en septiembre

    August 21, 2026

    A Luxury Skincare Line, Made for Gen Z

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.