Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    BTS and Classical Pianist Seong-Jin Cho Join Forces for ‘#KEEPSWIMMING’

    May 21, 2026

    Peter Strzelecki Elects Free Agency

    May 21, 2026

    Grenada Real Estate: The Caribbean’s Best Lifestyle Investment

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Science & Technology»CA Science & Tech»Ontario to ban government use of Chinese-made drones
    CA Science & Tech

    Ontario to ban government use of Chinese-made drones

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Ontario to ban government use of Chinese-made drones
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Ontario is moving to ban the purchase and use of drones by the government and provincial police.

    In a press release, the province says it takes issue with Chinese law requiring domestic companies to disclose data even if it’s stored in other countries like Canada. Ontario argues that this raises security concerns about how the province’s data is managed, leading it to take this latest action.

    As part of these changes, the province has enacted an immediate ban on Chinese‑made drones in highly sensitive OPP operations and will gradually phase out the tech across other provincial departments. The government adds that it will begin speaking with other manufacturers and stakeholders about replacing this technology with non-Chinese in the coming weeks.

    Currently, the province uses drones in areas like law enforcement, emergency management, wildfire monitoring, road and bridge inspections, and environmental monitoring. However, the government notes that the removal of this technology will be staggered so as to not interrupt any of these frontline operations.

    “Now more than ever, it is critical that we are protecting our province’s data and safeguarding our security against bad actors,” said Stephen Crawford, Minister of Public and Business Service Delivery and Procurement, in a press statement. “Banning government use and future purchases of Chinese-made drones is another important step in our plan to protect Ontario and better leverage Canada’s world-class drone manufacturing sector.”

    This isn’t the first time Ontario has criticized Chinese-made technology. Earlier this year, Premier Doug Ford called on Canadians to boycott Chinese electric vehicles with claims they would “spy” on Canadians in the wake of the federal government’s deal with China to import nearly 50,000 cars from the Asian country.

    And in general, many global bodies have expressed concerns with national security when it comes to China. This is what led Canada to ban Chinese tech giant Huawei from its 5G network in 2022. Meanwhile, agencies like the Canadian Armed Forces, the RCMP, the U.S.’ Federal Communications Commission have restricted Chinese-made drones.

    Source: Government of Ontario Via: CityNews

    china Doug Ford Drones Government of Ontario Ontario
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Science & Tech

    Bell brings its fastest network yet to F1 Grand Prix du Canada

    May 20, 2026
    CA Science & Tech

    How to quit Google Search

    May 20, 2026
    CA Science & Tech

    New on Disney+ Canada: June 2026

    May 20, 2026
    CA Science & Tech

    Ontario police using spyware to hack phones, trying to keep it secret

    May 20, 2026
    CA Science & Tech

    How the Montreal studio behind Outlast has kept horror fresh for over a decade

    May 20, 2026
    CA Science & Tech

    Bell improves mobile network ahead of Montreal’s F1 race weekend

    May 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    BTS and Classical Pianist Seong-Jin Cho Join Forces for ‘#KEEPSWIMMING’

    News DeskMay 21, 20260

    BTS dropped the latest installment of their #KEEPSWIMMING campaign this week, and it’s one of…

    Peter Strzelecki Elects Free Agency

    May 21, 2026

    Grenada Real Estate: The Caribbean’s Best Lifestyle Investment

    May 21, 2026

    Brazilian Insurance Brand Bets Six Free Months on Neymar Winning the World Cup

    May 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Policy Expert Believes CMS is Taking “Adversial Posture” to Medicare Advantage

    April 21, 2026

    Edwin Uceta Diagnosed With Subscapularis Strain

    April 21, 2026

    SRH vs DC, IPL 2026: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium Pitch Report and Hyderabad Weather Forecast

    April 21, 2026

    🎙 PODCAST | Las dos Españas: regularización vs. “prioridad nacional”

    April 21, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    BTS and Classical Pianist Seong-Jin Cho Join Forces for ‘#KEEPSWIMMING’

    May 21, 2026

    Peter Strzelecki Elects Free Agency

    May 21, 2026

    Grenada Real Estate: The Caribbean’s Best Lifestyle Investment

    May 21, 2026

    Brazilian Insurance Brand Bets Six Free Months on Neymar Winning the World Cup

    May 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    BTS and Classical Pianist Seong-Jin Cho Join Forces for ‘#KEEPSWIMMING’

    May 21, 2026

    Peter Strzelecki Elects Free Agency

    May 21, 2026

    Grenada Real Estate: The Caribbean’s Best Lifestyle Investment

    May 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.