Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Reba McEntire Worried Big Wedding Guest List Could Backfire

    August 22, 2026

    Shaquille O’Neal Can’t Land Action Roles In Hollywood

    August 22, 2026

    Alejandro Balde Transfer: United Prepare €40m Offer

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Saturday, August 22
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»CA Entertainment»Adam Driver Reveals ‘X-Men’ Casting At Disney’s D23 Event
    CA Entertainment

    Adam Driver Reveals ‘X-Men’ Casting At Disney’s D23 Event

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 15, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Adam Driver Reveals ‘X-Men’ Casting At Disney’s D23 Event
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Actor Adam Driver beamed into Disney’s D23 event in order to finally shed light on his “X-Men” casting. Marvel boss Kevin Feige previously teased that it had become a “tradition” for the actor to turn down roles in the MCU, although he did not disclose which roles the “Star Wars” alum had previously turned down. Now, however, fans can breathe a sigh of relief. Driver is officially joining the MCU.

    At Disney’s D23 event, Driver appeared via video to tell fans that he will be playing the role of Minister Sinister.

    “Kevin and I have been talking for years about maybe joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And I think we finally found the perfect film at the perfect time with characters that I care very deeply about.”

    “So I’m very excited to be playing the role of… Magneto!” Then he paused and said, “Even better… Nathaniel Milbury.”

    “So I’ll be waiting right here… waiting for everybody to show up,” he joked as the camera panned out to show an empty room.  

    The New ‘X-Men’ Cast Is Quickly Coming Together

    The cast of Marvel’s “X-Men” reboot is officially revealed at #D23:

    It includes Sadie Sink as Jean Grey, Kit Connor as Cyclops, Samara Weaving as Emma Frost, Inde Navarrette as Rogue, Christopher Abbott as Prof. X and Maya Boyd as Storm. Adam Driver will be playing the… pic.twitter.com/IEzeyrf5ah

    — Variety (@Variety) August 15, 2026

    Many fans had suspected that Driver would join the MCU as Mister Sinister following Samara Weaving’s casting as Emma Frost.

    Sadie Sink’s casting as Jean Grey had already been revealed in “Spider-Man: Brand New Day.” Shortly after the movie hit theaters, Kit Connor was announced to be playing Cyclops.

    Inde Navarette has been tapped to play Rogue, Maya Boyd will play Storm, and Christopher Abbott has been tapped to play Professor X, as per Variety.

    The last “X-Men” film to hit theaters was Fox’s 2019 film “Dark Phoenix,” which starred James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier and Michael Fassbender as Magneto.

    Kevin Feige Jokes About Adam Driver’s Marvel ‘Tradition’

    @happysadconfused

    Kevin Feige says Adam Driver turning down Marvel has become a tradition

    ♬ original sound – joshuahorowitz

    Feige recently appeared on the “Happy Sad Confused” podcast with Josh Horowitz to discuss Driver’s “tradition” of turning down Marvel roles.

    The Marvel boss said it was “no secret” they wanted to work with Driver, but it has been a “tradition to Zoom with him, and then he passes.”

    He called it a “long-lived tradition” but noted that the “House of Gucci” actor “couldn’t be more cordial” and “is usually upfront about how he is feeling.”

    Many fans felt that his comments were only teasing Driver’s eventual casting, as he was rumored to be playing Mister Sinister in the weeks leading up to his casting announcement.

    Inside Adam Driver’s ‘X-Men’ Casting Rumors

    SCOOP: We have our first casting for the MCU X-Men reboot.

    Sources have told me Adam Driver has been cast as the villain. pic.twitter.com/oiESfJVY4N

    — MyTimeToShineHello (@MyTimeToShineH) July 13, 2026

    Back in July, the X account My Time To Shine Hello, claimed that Driver had been “cast as the villain” in the MCU X-Men reboot.

    Apocalyptic Horseman, a former Nexus Point News Reporter with several successful scoops in the past, added fuel to the fire, writing, “I can actually corroborate this. He’s playing Magneto.”

    A few days later, he posted a correction, writing, “So sorry guys. Big mistake from my end but hearing Adam Driver is Sinister.”

    It is unclear if Magneto will actually be in the film. When one fan asked, “You got any idea on Magneto then?” the scooper replied, “I was only saying he was in it because I heard Driver but if Driver isn’t him then not sure he’s in the film.”

    Mister Sinister Has A Connection To Driver’s ‘Star Wars’ Costar

    In the X-Men comics, Mister Sinister, born Dr. Nathaniel Essex, was a geneticist who set out to create the ultimate mutant using his superior intellect. His various abilities include telepathy, shape-shifting, and the ability to clone or alter mutants, such as Jean Grey.

    Sinister allied with Apocalypse in order to augment his body and develop his skills further. In 2016’s “X-Men: Apocalypse,” the titular role was played by Oscar Isaac. The two previously appeared together in 2013’s “Inside Llewyn Davis.”

    Driver, who is also best known for Kylo Ren/Ben Solo in the “Star Wars” sequel trilogy, also appeared alongside Oscar Isaac in 2015’s “The Force Awakens,” as Isaac portrayed Resistance pilot Poe Dameron for all three films.

    During Disney’s D23 event in Anaheim, Marvel announced that the film will be released on May 5, 2028.



    Adam Driver marvel x-men
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Entertainment

    Reba McEntire Worried Big Wedding Guest List Could Backfire

    August 22, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Shaquille O’Neal Can’t Land Action Roles In Hollywood

    August 22, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    ‘Mama June’ Pumpkin Efird’s Daughter Blacklisted Over OnlyFans

    August 22, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend’s Bizarre Videos Resurface

    August 22, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Ryan Reynolds Reacts As The Odyssey Tops Deadpool

    August 22, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Kim Zolciak Slammed After Blaming Victim Son’s Alleged Assault

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Reba McEntire Worried Big Wedding Guest List Could Backfire

    News DeskAugust 22, 20260

    Fans have been following Reba McEntire’s love story with Rex Linn over the past few…

    Shaquille O’Neal Can’t Land Action Roles In Hollywood

    August 22, 2026

    Alejandro Balde Transfer: United Prepare €40m Offer

    August 22, 2026

    Pressure on Guadalajara authorities builds over water crisis

    August 22, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026

    ‘The Bachelorette’ Star’s Wife Slammed Mocking Severe Disorder

    August 9, 2026

    Timothée Chalamet Absent From Kylie Jenner’s Birthday Bash

    August 9, 2026

    In Awe: A Guide to Everyday Wonder

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Reba McEntire Worried Big Wedding Guest List Could Backfire

    August 22, 2026

    Shaquille O’Neal Can’t Land Action Roles In Hollywood

    August 22, 2026

    Alejandro Balde Transfer: United Prepare €40m Offer

    August 22, 2026

    Pressure on Guadalajara authorities builds over water crisis

    August 22, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Reba McEntire Worried Big Wedding Guest List Could Backfire

    August 22, 2026

    Shaquille O’Neal Can’t Land Action Roles In Hollywood

    August 22, 2026

    Alejandro Balde Transfer: United Prepare €40m Offer

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.