Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Live Now: Argonauts up on Tiger-Cats after opening quarter

    August 23, 2026

    Tigers To Select Andrew Sears For MLB Debut

    August 23, 2026

    Montrealers march to denounce violence against women after 2 killed in 1 week

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Sports»US Sports»Court ruling halts fifth-year NCAA eligibility for some athletes
    US Sports

    Court ruling halts fifth-year NCAA eligibility for some athletes

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Court ruling halts fifth-year NCAA eligibility for some athletes
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Nov 22, 2025; Tucson, Arizona, USA; Arizona Wildcats running back Ismail Mahdi (21) against the Baylor Bears at Casino Del Sol Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-Imagn Images

    The Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals handed the NCAA a temporary victory on Friday, issuing a stay of a preliminary injunction that granted athletes from the high school class of 2022 an extra year of eligibility.

    The 2-1 decision by the Tenth Circuit came after the NCAA appealed a Colorado federal judge’s temporary injunction allowing the 2022 athletes to play under the same rules as players currently in college. In June, the NCAA changed its rules to allow athletes to play five seasons within a five-year eligibility window, provided age requirements are met, but the rule was not applied retroactively.

    The NCAA informed schools on Friday that the rules that applied before the Colorado decision were in effect.

    The Colorado judge granted the injunction on July 31 in the federal class-action lawsuit filed by Brock Wisne, a Northern Colorado basketball player who said the NCAA violated antitrust law by barring him from playing a fifth season.

    “The Tenth Circuit’s decision to stay the preliminary injunction issued by a Colorado federal district court judge in Wisne permits Division I to return to the status quo before the district court intervened,” an NCAA statement said. “Effective immediately, the age-based eligibility rules will be implemented as the Division I membership intended.

    “Class members who were allowed to compete because of the Wisne injunction are no longer eligible to compete.”

    Courts in states including California, Georgia, Louisiana and Tennessee have ruled in favor of athletes named in lawsuits. Those athletes will not be impacted by the Colorado ruling.

    An Ohio court also issued a temporary injunction that was stayed by the Ohio Court of Appeals.

    “The Association will separately continue to defend other similar putative class-action lawsuits and the state court cases that have been filed by former student-athletes seeking additional eligibility,” the NCAA said in its statement. “We are encouraged by the Ohio Court of Appeals’ decision to stay the first of those injunctions pending our appeal.”

    The ruling by the Tenth Circuit means high-profile football players, including Arizona running back Ismail Mahdi and defensive linemen Stephen Daley and Kellan Wyatt of Indiana, currently are ineligible to play in the 2026 season. They had been practicing with their teams but were not protected by state rulings.

    –Field Level Media

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    Tigers To Select Andrew Sears For MLB Debut

    August 23, 2026
    US Sports

    Angels Place Nolan Schanuel, Wade Meckler On IL

    August 22, 2026
    US Sports

    Michael La Sasso (66) holds 1-shot lead at LIV Golf Indianapolis

    August 22, 2026
    US Sports

    Wyndham Clark takes 5-shot lead into final round at BMW Championship

    August 22, 2026
    US Sports

    Bayern win Supercup, Inter make dominant Serie A start

    August 22, 2026
    US Sports

    New boy Espi gives Mourinho winning start to second spell

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Live Now: Argonauts up on Tiger-Cats after opening quarter

    News DeskAugust 23, 20260

    Follow along as the Toronto Argonauts host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats from BMO Field.

    Tigers To Select Andrew Sears For MLB Debut

    August 23, 2026

    Montrealers march to denounce violence against women after 2 killed in 1 week

    August 22, 2026

    Angels Place Nolan Schanuel, Wade Meckler On IL

    August 22, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026

    ‘The Bachelorette’ Star’s Wife Slammed Mocking Severe Disorder

    August 9, 2026

    Timothée Chalamet Absent From Kylie Jenner’s Birthday Bash

    August 9, 2026

    In Awe: A Guide to Everyday Wonder

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Live Now: Argonauts up on Tiger-Cats after opening quarter

    August 23, 2026

    Tigers To Select Andrew Sears For MLB Debut

    August 23, 2026

    Montrealers march to denounce violence against women after 2 killed in 1 week

    August 22, 2026

    Angels Place Nolan Schanuel, Wade Meckler On IL

    August 22, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Live Now: Argonauts up on Tiger-Cats after opening quarter

    August 23, 2026

    Tigers To Select Andrew Sears For MLB Debut

    August 23, 2026

    Montrealers march to denounce violence against women after 2 killed in 1 week

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.