Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Newcastle vs Liverpool: Line-ups confirmed at St James’ Park

    August 23, 2026

    Dodgers send Blake Snell to mound in effort to sweep Pirates

    August 23, 2026

    Cityblock to Acquire Homeward Health, Secures $116M Series E

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Sports»US Sports»Manchester City boss Maresca suggests Fernandez deal is off after refusing to meet Chelsea’s deadline
    US Sports

    Manchester City boss Maresca suggests Fernandez deal is off after refusing to meet Chelsea’s deadline

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 14, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Manchester City boss Maresca suggests Fernandez deal is off after refusing to meet Chelsea's deadline
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Enzo Maresca has hinted Manchester City will not pursue a deal for Enzo Fernandez after confirming they won’t meet Chelsea’s deadline for the sale of the midfielder.

    The London club said earlier in the week that any party interested in the Argentina international had to have met their terms – which includes a transfer fee of £120m – by 5pm UK time today for any deal to progress.

    And with Maresca ruling out any business on Friday, it appears City will look elsewhere.

    Speaking ahead of Sunday’s Community Shield against Arsenal, he said: “Not today, to be honest. I don’t think we’re going to do something today.”

    Maresca worked with Fernandez last season at Stamford Bridge and was keen on bringing him to the Etihad. Asked specifically about the former Benfica man, he added: “In this moment, again, I have to give you the same answer since day one and it will always be the same; it’s a player from another club and I don’t think it’s correct to speak about other players. At the same time, I don’t think it’s correct when other clubs speak about our players. That’s why I’m not going to say nothing about players that are not with us.”

    Enzo Fernandez of Chelsea

    Rodri back at City and given ‘big hug’ by his boss

    Fernandez was being discussed due to the probability of Rodri leaving this summer.

    The Spain captain, who lifted the World Cup trophy last month, reported back to the Etihad Campus this morning to have his back assessed following a minor operation.

    Rodri has been the subject of two failed bids from Barcelona but it is likely the 30-year-old will secure a move to Camp Nou after expressing his desire to return to his homeland rather than extend his contract that will expire at the end of the season.

    Maresca added: ”First of all, the transfer window is open; we can buy players, we can sell players, anything can happen. I just saw Rodri now in the building, I gave him a big hug, he looks good, so we’ll see what happens.”

    City are likely to lose one midfielder with Tijjani Reijnders on the brink of joining Saudi Arabian club Al-Qadsiah in a £52m deal.

    “It’s a bit difficult to convince players [to stay] when they are already convinced [to leave], said Maresca. “Tijjani [Reijnders’] situation, like probably James Trafford’s situation and some more players. I think when the club, the player, the manager, they all think in the same way that probably the best decision for some players is to go, you have to go.”

    Manchester City midfielder Tijjani ReijndersManchester City midfielder Tijjani Reijnders

    City in period of change, says Maresca

    City are likely to be busy over the final weeks of the transfer window, especially if Rodri does depart.

    They have lost some experienced players since the end of last season and Maresca is eager to add bodies to his squad.

    “For sure with Bernardo [Silva], John [Stones], [Nathan] Ake, we’ll see what happens with some more, there is a change in this moment,” he said. “In the moment the transfer window closes, we need to be good enough to find as soon as possible solutions for the team. We are in a moment where players that were here many years have already left or probably can leave, and that means there is a change. We’re going to try to do our best.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    Newcastle vs Liverpool: Line-ups confirmed at St James’ Park

    August 23, 2026
    US Sports

    Dodgers send Blake Snell to mound in effort to sweep Pirates

    August 23, 2026
    US Sports

    Angels To Activate Yusei Kikuchi Off 60-Day IL

    August 23, 2026
    US Sports

    Devdutt Padikkal’s century puts India in command on Day 1 of Colombo Test against Sri Lanka

    August 23, 2026
    US Sports

    The Opener: Bleday, Arozarena, Robert

    August 23, 2026
    US Sports

    Fans erupt as Devdutt Padikkal lights up Colombo with sensational century on Day 1 of second Test

    August 23, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Newcastle vs Liverpool: Line-ups confirmed at St James’ Park

    News DeskAugust 23, 20260

    Catch up with all the team news ahead of Newcastle vs Liverpool in the Premier…

    Dodgers send Blake Snell to mound in effort to sweep Pirates

    August 23, 2026

    Cityblock to Acquire Homeward Health, Secures $116M Series E

    August 23, 2026

    Angels To Activate Yusei Kikuchi Off 60-Day IL

    August 23, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026

    ‘The Bachelorette’ Star’s Wife Slammed Mocking Severe Disorder

    August 9, 2026

    Timothée Chalamet Absent From Kylie Jenner’s Birthday Bash

    August 9, 2026

    In Awe: A Guide to Everyday Wonder

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Newcastle vs Liverpool: Line-ups confirmed at St James’ Park

    August 23, 2026

    Dodgers send Blake Snell to mound in effort to sweep Pirates

    August 23, 2026

    Cityblock to Acquire Homeward Health, Secures $116M Series E

    August 23, 2026

    Angels To Activate Yusei Kikuchi Off 60-Day IL

    August 23, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Newcastle vs Liverpool: Line-ups confirmed at St James’ Park

    August 23, 2026

    Dodgers send Blake Snell to mound in effort to sweep Pirates

    August 23, 2026

    Cityblock to Acquire Homeward Health, Secures $116M Series E

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.