Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Kelis’ Fans Flood Her 47th Birthday Photos With Love & Praise

    August 23, 2026

    Mumbai Indians make major addition to support staff ahead of IPL 2027

    August 23, 2026

    Twins Sign Ron Marinaccio To Minor League Deal

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Top Countries»Spain»Morocco says it aims to stop new migrant surge to Spain’s Ceuta on August 15th
    Spain

    Morocco says it aims to stop new migrant surge to Spain’s Ceuta on August 15th

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 13, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Morocco says it aims to stop new migrant surge to Spain's Ceuta on August 15th
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Moroccan authorities on Wednesday announced measures to counter a new influx of migrants to the Spanish territory of Ceuta, after monitoring a new wave of online disinformation.

    For more than a week, online posts have claimed that the border crossing between the Moroccan town of Fnideq and the Spanish exclave would be open on August 15th, a public holiday in Spain.

    It comes after around 72,000 people, mostly Moroccans, crossed into Ceuta irregularly over a few days in late July — a record figure, though the vast majority of them have since been returned to Morocco.

    “All the necessary measures were taken to counter all attempts at illegal passage and intercept every person seeking to participate,” Moroccan interior ministry spokesman Rachid El Khalfi said.

    READ ALSO: Did Morocco deliberately ease control before Ceuta migrant surge?

    The ministry said it “detected over the last days the circulation of publications and anonymous messages on social media inciting the organisation of collective, illegal crossing attempts” towards Ceuta.

    Legal proceedings would be taken against those spreading the calls, it added.

    A group of individuals suspected of being involved has been summoned for investigation, El Khalfi added in remarks carried by the state news agency MAP.

    Following the migrant influx last month, some 2,000 people including about 1,000 unaccompanied minors remain in the Spanish territory, according to local authorities there.

    The Moroccan interior ministry has urged Spanish authorities to speed up the return of the minors.

    Moroccan authorities recovered 11 dead people in the wake of the crisis, while Spain said at least 80 people died.

    But the Moroccan Association for Human Rights, a non-governmental group, estimated the death toll to be at least 141.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    Spain

    una guía de Tokio a través de sus novelas contemporáneas

    August 22, 2026
    Spain

    Aquí hay sitio para todos menos para los que no saben estar

    August 22, 2026
    Spain

    Las empresas incumplen y el Ayuntamiento no hace nada

    August 22, 2026
    Spain

    La concentración ultra de Save Europe Act pincha en Barcelona con apenas unas decenas de personas concentradas

    August 22, 2026
    Spain

    Marruecos pide a España que devuelva a los migrantes que cruzaron a Ceuta así como a los muertos

    August 22, 2026
    Spain

    Sanidad convoca a las comunidades este lunes para enviar vacunas a Ceuta

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Kelis’ Fans Flood Her 47th Birthday Photos With Love & Praise

    News DeskAugust 23, 20260

    Roommates, Kelis is THE birthday! On August 21, the ‘Milkshake’ singer celebrated her 47th birthday…

    Mumbai Indians make major addition to support staff ahead of IPL 2027

    August 23, 2026

    Twins Sign Ron Marinaccio To Minor League Deal

    August 23, 2026

    Toronto FC stun Inter Miami with 3-minute scoring flurry

    August 23, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Canada defeats Australia 4-0 at 2026 Little League World Series

    August 23, 2026

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026

    ‘The Bachelorette’ Star’s Wife Slammed Mocking Severe Disorder

    August 9, 2026

    Timothée Chalamet Absent From Kylie Jenner’s Birthday Bash

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Kelis’ Fans Flood Her 47th Birthday Photos With Love & Praise

    August 23, 2026

    Mumbai Indians make major addition to support staff ahead of IPL 2027

    August 23, 2026

    Twins Sign Ron Marinaccio To Minor League Deal

    August 23, 2026

    Toronto FC stun Inter Miami with 3-minute scoring flurry

    August 23, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Kelis’ Fans Flood Her 47th Birthday Photos With Love & Praise

    August 23, 2026

    Mumbai Indians make major addition to support staff ahead of IPL 2027

    August 23, 2026

    Twins Sign Ron Marinaccio To Minor League Deal

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.