Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Despite surging peso, further interest rate cuts unlikely

    August 21, 2026

    Blueface Says Javaughn, Journey Replaced

    August 21, 2026

    Gouiri at the double as Marseille hammer 10-man Strasbourg

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Friday, August 21
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Entertainment»CA Entertainment»Michael Jackson’s Nephew Hopes Sequel Dives Into Allegations
    CA Entertainment

    Michael Jackson’s Nephew Hopes Sequel Dives Into Allegations

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 21, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Michael Jackson’s Nephew Hopes Sequel Dives Into Allegations
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The sequel to Michael Jackson‘s biographical drama may finally confront his controversial past. 

    The first installment, which arrived in theaters in April, became a global box-office sensation but also drew criticism for sidestepping the controversies that shadowed the pop icon.

    Now, Jaafar Jackson, who portrays his late uncle in “Michael,” has hinted that the follow-up could revisit some of the most contentious chapters of the singer’s life, this time from his perspective.

    5
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Amid the development of the second installment, Jaafar acknowledged that he has little control over the script’s direction. However, he said he hopes the project would highlight his uncle’s truth. 

    “I think the second film will give even more insight from his point of view, because at the end of the day, [the allegations] are always from someone else’s,” Jaafar explained. 

    According to the 30-year-old, the story has long been told by people “driven by an agenda,” rather than the late singer’s, something he believes should not be so. 

     “And that’s really the issue we’ve been having as a family – not having Michael’s voice being heard. I think that’s very, very important, especially in the late years,” he told GQ Magazine. 

    The first installment of “Michael” focused largely on the legend’s early career and concluded in 1988, leaving out much of the period when he became the subject of serious child-abuse claims.

    Jaafar added that dividing the film into two pieces allows for a detailed portrayal of the singer, helping viewers understand he was a “human being first” before an icon.

    He went on to describe the “Smooth Criminal” hitmaker as someone who remained kind-hearted despite facing intense scrutiny throughout his life. According to the young actor, audiences should see more of that side of Michael in the continuation of his story.

    Producers Reportedly Removed Controversial Scenes From The Original Script

    Michael Jackson5
    ©1997 RAMEY PHOTO/ MEGA

    Jaafar’s comments come months after reports surfaced that the movie parts dealing with the singer’s troubled past were originally included in the screenplay but later removed.

    As The Blast previously reported, the scenes about the child abuse claims were cut out due to a legal clause tied to a prior settlement between Jackson and Jordan Chandler’s family.

    The changes reportedly also resulted in substantial additional payments for the production’s key figures. Director Antoine Fuqua was initially expected to receive $10 million, while producer Graham King was set to earn $6 million.

    Those amounts allegedly increased after the required revisions and reshoots, with Fuqua receiving $15 million more and King another $10 million.

    How One Of Michael Jackson’s Accusers Reacted To The Film

    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA5
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    When the movie hit cinemas, it stirred a strong reaction from one of his accusers, James Safechuck, who insisted that it should never have been released.

     As The Blast reported, Safechuck declared he would never watch it because he does not support people he considers child abusers.

    Safechuck and Wade Robson previously alleged in the now-removed HBO documentary “Leaving Neverland” that Jackson sexually abused them as children.

    Although Safechuck and Robson sought $400 million in damages from his estate, Jackson was never convicted of a crime, and his estate continues to deny the allegations.

    Dan Reed Compared Michael Jackson To Epstein As He Questions Biopic 

    Jeffrey Epstein and Michael Jackson are neen in This undated photo released by the U.S. Department of Justice5
    DOJ/MEGA

    As Jackson’s accuser reacted, Dan Reed, who directed Safechuck and Robson’s documentary, slammed the authenticity of “Michael.” 

    Per The Blast, Reed argued that it cannot present a truthful account of the “Thriller” singer’s life while omitting the child abuse allegations that have followed him for decades. 

    Reed doubled down on his claims, adding that he thinks the deceased vocalist “hurt a lot of children” and was “worse than Jeffrey Epstein.”

    “And he may have been a great entertainer, but those two things don’t cancel each other out,” Reed added. “The fact is that pedophiles exist, and he was one of them.”

    Jaafar Jackson Scores A Major Box-Office Milestone

    Jaafar Jackson on the red carpet5
    ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA

    Despite the criticism that has followed the portrayal of the late Grammy Winner, the project has performed exceptionally well commercially.

    According to The Blast, the production has crossed the $1 billion mark worldwide, reaching approximately $1.001 billion in global ticket sales. 

    The milestone reportedly makes Jaafar the first lead actor to star in a debut feature that surpasses $1 billion at the worldwide box office. The achievement also places the project among the highest-grossing music-centered biographical productions, surpassing “Bohemian Rhapsody” at the global box office.

    Jaafar jackson michael jackson
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Entertainment

    Fox News’ Lawrence Jones Explains Absence From Network

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Kelly Ripa Goes Makeup-Free, Flaunts Smile After Gum Surgery

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Michelle Pfeiffer Slams Retirement Rumors

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Quinton Aaron Talks Learning Wife Was Still Married To Her Ex

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Kim Kardashian Working On New Reality TV Project

    August 21, 2026
    CA Entertainment

    Shane Dawson Self-Funds Film About Actress Facing Cancellation

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Despite surging peso, further interest rate cuts unlikely

    News DeskAugust 21, 20260

    The Bank of Mexico adopted a guarded approach in its Aug. 6-7 monetary policy meeting,…

    Blueface Says Javaughn, Journey Replaced

    August 21, 2026

    Gouiri at the double as Marseille hammer 10-man Strasbourg

    August 21, 2026

    Cardinals Place Andre Pallante On Injured List

    August 21, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Despite surging peso, further interest rate cuts unlikely

    August 21, 2026

    Travel Leaders Network: Listening, evaluating and helping members meet their needs

    August 7, 2026

    Guest post by Lorne Fitch: 20 reasons Albertans should be concerned about conservation

    August 7, 2026

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Despite surging peso, further interest rate cuts unlikely

    August 21, 2026

    Blueface Says Javaughn, Journey Replaced

    August 21, 2026

    Gouiri at the double as Marseille hammer 10-man Strasbourg

    August 21, 2026

    Cardinals Place Andre Pallante On Injured List

    August 21, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Despite surging peso, further interest rate cuts unlikely

    August 21, 2026

    Blueface Says Javaughn, Journey Replaced

    August 21, 2026

    Gouiri at the double as Marseille hammer 10-man Strasbourg

    August 21, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.