Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Sunday TV Ratings: Marshals, Bob’s Burgers, America’s Funniest Home Videos, Con Air, 2026 NBA Playoffs – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    May 20, 2026

    Carney touts new construction at Quebec mine after fast-tracking major project

    May 20, 2026

    Lewis Hamilton Teases ‘A New Era’ Ahead of EA Sports F1 25 Reveal

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Wednesday, May 20
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Sports»US Sports»Guardiola refuses to confirm reports on Man City future
    US Sports

    Guardiola refuses to confirm reports on Man City future

    News DeskBy News DeskMay 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Guardiola refuses to confirm reports on Man City future
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Pep Guardiola refused to confirm reports he will leave Manchester City at the end of the season after a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth saw them miss out on the Premier League title as Arsenal were crowned champions.

    Widespread reports emerged on Monday that Guardiola’s 10-year tenure at the Etihad Stadium will draw to a close after Sunday’s game with Aston Villa, with Enzo Maresca said to have a verbal agreement with City to take over as his replacement.

    The subject of Guardiola’s future dominated the build-up to City’s game at Bournemouth, where they needed to claim all three points to keep the title race alive after Arsenal’s 1-0 win over Burnley on Monday.

    Instead, City produced a performance well below the standards Guardiola has set during his decade in charge.

    Junior Kroupi gave Bournemouth the lead with a stunning 39th-minute opener, and City were surprisingly blunt in their efforts to produce a response.

    A reply finally arrived in stoppage time as Erling Haaland crashed home a leveller, but it was too little, too late as Arsenal claimed a first title since the 2003-04 ‘Invincibles’ season.

    Guardiola dismisses questions about exit

    Guardiola was unsurprisingly quizzed on reports of his departure after the game, and he predictably batted away the opportunity to confirm his exit.

    He told Sky Sports: “I could say that I have one more year of contract, and with the conversations I’ve had for many, many years, always from my experience when you announce – whatever you announce – during the competition is a bad, bad result.

    “And like you understand, the first person I have to talk to is my chairman [Khaldoon Al Mubarak], because we both decided when we finish the season we will sit and we will talk. And it’s as simple as that, and after we will take the decision

    “I have one more year of contract. I will not tell you [a decision] here because I have to talk with my chairman, with my players, with my staff because when we play for the FA Cup, qualification for the Champions League, the Premier League it’s just one thing in my mind and focus: Try to bring the team to the highest point. And it’s what we have done.”

    City looked to have control of the title race last month when they beat Arsenal 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium, with their subsequent 1-0 win at Burnley sending them top on goals scored.

    But a 3-3 draw at Everton on May 4 handed the initiative back to Arsenal, and City’s inability to beat Bournemouth ensured Guardiola’s former assistant Mikel Arteta will lift his second major trophy as Gunners boss.

    Paying tribute to Arsenal, Guardiola said: “On behalf of all at Manchester Citt and my team, congratulations Arsenal, Mikel [Arteta], his staff, backroom staff, all the players, fans for this Premier League – they deserve it!”

    While Guardiola may not be in charge next season, he vowed that City will be back to take the fight to Arsenal as they bid to avoid a third straight season without a league title.

    “Next season, we will be back, and we will try to bring the team in that sense; competing until the end in competitions,” Guardiola told his post-match press conference. “And sometimes you win, sometimes you lose because the opponents are really good, really tough. And this is what we have to try again.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    US Sports

    A Closer Look At The Best Offense In Baseball

    May 19, 2026
    US Sports

    Astros Place Lance McCullers Jr. On Injured List

    May 19, 2026
    US Sports

    Ryan Jeffers, Emmanuel Rodriguez To Undergo Surgeries

    May 19, 2026
    US Sports

    ‘It’s embarrassing we’re in this position’ as Tottenham relegation fight goes to final day

    May 19, 2026
    US Sports

    Report, result and goals as Blues send relegation fight to final day

    May 19, 2026
    US Sports

    Diamondbacks Place James McCann On IL, Select Aramis Garcia

    May 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Sunday TV Ratings: Marshals, Bob’s Burgers, America’s Funniest Home Videos, Con Air, 2026 NBA Playoffs – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    News DeskMay 20, 20260

    Photo: Fred Hayes/CBS ©2025 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Sunday, May 17, 2026, ratings…

    Carney touts new construction at Quebec mine after fast-tracking major project

    May 20, 2026

    Lewis Hamilton Teases ‘A New Era’ Ahead of EA Sports F1 25 Reveal

    May 20, 2026

    Mexico-EU trade deal promises legal certainty for billions in transatlantic investment

    May 19, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Astros Place Lance McCullers Jr. On Injured List

    May 19, 2026

    ‘FWAW’ Brett Maverick Has Connection To Country Star

    April 20, 2026

    How to Get Ink Out of Clothes: 4 Methods Tested by Ink Type

    April 20, 2026

    Entertainment Partners contrata a Lynda Carruthers – Celebrity Land

    April 20, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Sunday TV Ratings: Marshals, Bob’s Burgers, America’s Funniest Home Videos, Con Air, 2026 NBA Playoffs – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    May 20, 2026

    Carney touts new construction at Quebec mine after fast-tracking major project

    May 20, 2026

    Lewis Hamilton Teases ‘A New Era’ Ahead of EA Sports F1 25 Reveal

    May 20, 2026

    Mexico-EU trade deal promises legal certainty for billions in transatlantic investment

    May 19, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Sunday TV Ratings: Marshals, Bob’s Burgers, America’s Funniest Home Videos, Con Air, 2026 NBA Playoffs – canceled + renewed TV shows, ratings

    May 20, 2026

    Carney touts new construction at Quebec mine after fast-tracking major project

    May 20, 2026

    Lewis Hamilton Teases ‘A New Era’ Ahead of EA Sports F1 25 Reveal

    May 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.