Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Fans Debate Who Baby Noah Resembles

    August 23, 2026

    Jewish cuisine in Mexico: From tradition to fusion

    August 23, 2026

    Mystery man ‘Lucky’ found in Amsterdam is not missing person from B.C.: police

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Politics & Opinion»ES Politics»Spain to move 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to mainland
    ES Politics

    Spain to move 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to mainland

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 23, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    Spain to move 500 migrant girls from Ceuta to mainland
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    SPAIN’S government is preparing to transfer around 500 unaccompanied migrant children, mostly girls, from Ceuta to the mainland amid growing concerns over their welfare and living conditions.

    The decision is considered a U-turn by the Spanish government after previously saying anyone who entered territory illegally would be sent back.

    Migration Minister Elma Saiz told public broadcaster RNE that the ‘welfare of the children’ must be protected at all costs.

    The minors are among thousands of migrants who entered Ceuta from neighbouring Morocco during the mass border crossing on July 30.

    Spain’s Policia Nacional have reportedly identified 2,168 unaccompanied minors who remained in Ceuta following the crossings and placed them under the care of local authorities.

    READ MORE: Catalunya must be excluded from taking in Ceuta migrant minors, right-wing separatist party demands

    Under Spanish law, authorities have a duty of care towards unaccompanied migrant children until they turn 18.

    The girls, after moving to mainland Spain, will be placed in foster homes or government-run care facilities.

    The move comes amid increasing concerns about conditions in Ceuta, where authorities have struggled to accommodate the large number of arrivals.

    Thousands of migrants have reportedly been sleeping in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions, with limited access to toilets, showers and suitable accommodation.

    While Spain’s health minister has rejected claims that Ceuta is facing a wider public health crisis, local authorities are claiming that after the enterance of migrants public health situation in the enclave has deteriorated.

    UNICEF Spain’s Lara Contreras said 97 of the 500 girls selected for transfer, aged between nine and 17, have already been moved to improved accommodation while preparations are made to take them to the mainland.

    Most of those who crossed into Ceuta have since returned to Morocco.

    Spanish Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska has said that around 5,000 migrants remain in the Spanish enclave.

    The transfer is intended to ease pressure on Ceuta’s overstretched reception system while providing the children with safer accommodation and appropriate care.

    ceuta crisis news spain newspaper The Olive Press
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    ES Politics

    The fate of thousands of migrants smuggled into Spain each year

    August 23, 2026
    ES Politics

    Malaga beach closures leave ‘negative image’ abroad

    August 21, 2026
    ES Politics

    Sánchez has one year until Spain’s election deadline. The odds are against him. – POLITICO

    August 21, 2026
    ES Politics

    How could Reform’s EU benefits ban affect Brits in Spain?

    August 19, 2026
    ES Politics

    Brits in Spain face benefit threat under Reform UK plan

    August 18, 2026
    ES Politics

    Spain grants ageing nuclear plant three-year extension amid Middle East crisis

    August 14, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Fans Debate Who Baby Noah Resembles

    News DeskAugust 23, 20260

    Roomies, Big Sean has the internet gushing and dropping heart eyes after sharing some new…

    Jewish cuisine in Mexico: From tradition to fusion

    August 23, 2026

    Mystery man ‘Lucky’ found in Amsterdam is not missing person from B.C.: police

    August 23, 2026

    Larry The Cable Guy Rushed To Hospital For Emergency Surgery

    August 23, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026

    ‘The Bachelorette’ Star’s Wife Slammed Mocking Severe Disorder

    August 9, 2026

    Timothée Chalamet Absent From Kylie Jenner’s Birthday Bash

    August 9, 2026

    In Awe: A Guide to Everyday Wonder

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Fans Debate Who Baby Noah Resembles

    August 23, 2026

    Jewish cuisine in Mexico: From tradition to fusion

    August 23, 2026

    Mystery man ‘Lucky’ found in Amsterdam is not missing person from B.C.: police

    August 23, 2026

    Larry The Cable Guy Rushed To Hospital For Emergency Surgery

    August 23, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Fans Debate Who Baby Noah Resembles

    August 23, 2026

    Jewish cuisine in Mexico: From tradition to fusion

    August 23, 2026

    Mystery man ‘Lucky’ found in Amsterdam is not missing person from B.C.: police

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.