Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Fans Praise Anna Faris, Blame Chris Pratt For Son’s Beliefs

    August 23, 2026

    Hundreds gather for funeral of correctional officer Nicolae Serban

    August 23, 2026

    Pirates Notes: Rodriguez, O’Hearn, Griffin

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Select Language
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Subscribe
    Sunday, August 23
    • Home
      • United States
      • Canada
      • Spain
      • Mexico
    • Top Countries
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Spain
      • United States
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Science
    • Sports
    • Travel
    NEWS ON CLICK
    Home»Politics & Opinion»CA Politics»US civil rights agency denies issuing order halting all federal class discrimination complaints
    CA Politics

    US civil rights agency denies issuing order halting all federal class discrimination complaints

    News DeskBy News DeskAugust 14, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link LinkedIn Tumblr Email VKontakte Telegram
    US civil rights agency denies issuing order halting all federal class discrimination complaints
    Share
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email Copy Link

    NEW YORK (AP) — A civil rights agency accused of halting a sexual harassment case of behalf female prison guards is now blaming an administrative judge for doing so in error.

    A labor union and two female prison guards sued the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which enforces employment anti-discrimination laws, for indefinitely suspending proceedings in their case as part of a wider effort to halt all federal-sector class claims pending before the agency’s administrative judges.

    The lawsuit cited an administrative judge’s order dated Dec. 10, 2025, stating that the sexual harassment case had been paused and that the “notification applies to all class cases in the federal sector.”

    But in a court document filed Thursday evening, EEOC Chief Operating Officer Sharon Rose said the judge in the case issued the notification “in error” and that it was an “isolated incident.” Rose also told the court that the EEOC has transferred the case to another administrative judge, who on Monday issued an order scheduling further proceedings.

    The court document also included a letter sent by Justice Department attorney James Harlow to the plaintiffs on Monday, offering the same explanation and asking them to drop their motion for a preliminary injunction.

    “In short, Defendants agree that processing of federal-sector class complaints should not be suspended,” Harlow wrote in the letter.

    Joseph Sellers, co-chair of Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll’s civil rights and employment practice and one of the attorneys for the plaintiffs, said Friday that the evidence belies the government’s claim that the suspension was an erroneous isolated incident.

    Sellers and other attorneys involved in the lawsuit say they are representing federal workers in at least five other class complaints that have been stalled for months, including cases against the FBI and the Department of Defense.

    In two of those cases, administrative judges also issued scheduling orders Monday, according to the letter sent by Harlow, the Justice Department attorney. Harlow asked the attorneys to send him the name and number of any other federal-sector class complaints that may have been suspended “so we can investigate.”

    Sellers said the fact that the EEOC judges only ordered the scheduling orders this week, after the lawsuit was filed, suggests that the suspension was not an error.

    “The timing speaks for itself. We have evidence of a number of cases that were stayed. It is not an isolated incident as the EEOC seems to claim,” Sellers said.

    Sellers said the plaintiffs are willing to engage in discussion with the Justice Department to resolve the issue outside the court.

    The lawsuit against the EEOC was filed by the American Federation of Government Employees, the largest union representing federal workers, and two women who are correctional officers at Louisiana’s Federal Correctional Complex at Pollock.

    The women are part of a pending class complaint claiming that management at Pollock failed to stop inmates from subjecting female workers to sexual harassment.

    Under President Donald Trump, the EEOC has drastically overhauled its civil rights enforcement priorities, including prioritizing cases aimed at stamping out diversity and inclusion policies, dropping cases on behalf of transgender workers and abandoning longstanding tools for investigating systemic discrimination.

    The changes have prompted several lawsuits against EEOC Chair Andrea Lucas, who says she is pursuing an “even-handed” and “colorblind” vision of workplace civil rights.

    Rose, the EEOC chief operating officer, said in her court statement that neither the commission nor Lucas had issued “a written or verbal directive to EEOC administrative judges” to indefinitely suspend class cases.

    The EEOC referred questions Friday to the Justice Department, which did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

    _______

    The Associated Press’ women in the workforce coverage receives financial support from Pivotal Ventures. AP is solely responsible for all content. Find AP’s standards for working with philanthropies, a list of supporters and funded coverage areas at AP.org.

    Alexandra Olson, The Associated Press

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
    News Desk
    • Website

    News Desk is the dedicated editorial force behind News On Click. Comprised of experienced journalists, writers, and editors, our team is united by a shared passion for delivering high-quality, credible news to a global audience.

    Related Posts

    CA Politics

    Monday, August 24, 2026 – Loonie Politics

    August 23, 2026
    CA Politics

    ‘Canadians deserve’ to know specifics of the trade deal Canada walked away from: Conservative MP

    August 23, 2026
    CA Politics

    ‘Canadians deserve’ to see the U.S. trade deal offer Canada abandoned

    August 23, 2026
    CA Politics

    Jared Kushner meets with Democratic leader Jeffries with House control at stake in November

    August 23, 2026
    CA Politics

    U.S. politicians condemn Trump’s ‘chaotic’ trade war against Canada

    August 23, 2026
    CA Politics

    Kelly McParland: Trump puts America’s rot on display

    August 23, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Don't Miss

    Fans Praise Anna Faris, Blame Chris Pratt For Son’s Beliefs

    News DeskAugust 23, 20260

    Anna Faris‘ candid comments about navigating political differences with her teenage son are drawing a…

    Hundreds gather for funeral of correctional officer Nicolae Serban

    August 23, 2026

    Pirates Notes: Rodriguez, O’Hearn, Griffin

    August 23, 2026

    ‘LIVE’ Kelly Ripa Recalls NSFW Behavior On Outing With Kids

    August 23, 2026
    Tech news by Newsonclick.com
    Top Posts

    Cowboys’ CeeDee Lamb’s Home Burglarized Amid Training Camp

    August 23, 2026

    SOUND FIST: ALEX WARREN – RESCUER

    August 9, 2026

    ‘The Bachelorette’ Star’s Wife Slammed Mocking Severe Disorder

    August 9, 2026

    Timothée Chalamet Absent From Kylie Jenner’s Birthday Bash

    August 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    Editors Picks

    Fans Praise Anna Faris, Blame Chris Pratt For Son’s Beliefs

    August 23, 2026

    Hundreds gather for funeral of correctional officer Nicolae Serban

    August 23, 2026

    Pirates Notes: Rodriguez, O’Hearn, Griffin

    August 23, 2026

    ‘LIVE’ Kelly Ripa Recalls NSFW Behavior On Outing With Kids

    August 23, 2026
    About Us

    NewsOnClick.com is your reliable source for timely and accurate news. We are committed to delivering unbiased reporting across politics, sports, entertainment, technology, and more. Our mission is to keep you informed with credible, fact-checked content you can trust.

    We're social. Connect with us:

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Latest Posts

    Fans Praise Anna Faris, Blame Chris Pratt For Son’s Beliefs

    August 23, 2026

    Hundreds gather for funeral of correctional officer Nicolae Serban

    August 23, 2026

    Pirates Notes: Rodriguez, O’Hearn, Griffin

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • About Us
    • Editorial Policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Disclaimer
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Newsonclick.com || Designed & Powered by ❤️ Trustmomentum.com.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.